Lightwaverf via Wifi link

Got it shown in my UI now but i dont seem to have any control. I only have 1 Lightwave Dimmer so have assumed R1D1, how do i check this?

The first time you switch it on/off you should see the LightwaveRF Link start to flash so that your can pair it with your your device running Home Assistant.

Ahhh missed that, now its not flashing. Remove from config and start again you think?

Could try that. I think the last time I did it I removed all devices from the LightwaveRF iOS app, rebooted my phone then tried again.

Hi, Iā€™m new to Home Assistant and been reading through this thread trying to get my Lightwave Hub to respond to this plugin. I can see HA has sent the command to switch a device on, but nothing is happening.
Iā€™ve run a packet capture and I can see my Lightwave Hub responding saying that the action failed as the device isnā€™t registered, but I canā€™t seem to find a way to the get the HA Lightwave module to send the registration packet.

{ā€œtransā€:1107,ā€œmacā€:ā€œ03:14:D6ā€,ā€œtimeā€:1546121932,ā€œpktā€:ā€œerrorā€,ā€œfnā€:ā€œnonRegisteredā€,ā€œpayloadā€:ā€œNot yet registered. Send !F*p to registerā€}

Have you managed to trigger the registration packet somehow yet?

Really struggling to get this working. Iā€™ve now got the lights and switches in my HA but when i operate them in HA i get the below error.

/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/lightwave/lightwave.py (ERROR)

Thing is i can only get as far as site-packages then i canā€™t even seen a lightwave folder in that? Iā€™ve removed the lightwave from config and started again but still the issues persists. I believe this may have been caused to me missing the flashing light on my first attempt but i canā€™t find a way to rectify this. Any advice?

Whenever Iā€™ve wanted to try pairing a device with the LightwaveRF Link (hub) I always delete/remove all devices in the LightwaveRF iPhone app, reboot everything then try again.

Could be worth a try.

Tried that last night but unfortunately no change. I just canā€™t get the hub to flash on first operation of the switch. Iā€™ve set a static IP for the hub also

@Targettio all requests are local network only. There are other solutions for using the public API via the cloud.

@adamjhodson what is you home assistant setup? I recently had a similar problem when I more from Hassio on a Rasberry Pi to Hassbian. The problem was the registration request was never send and the service kept on timing out. I have fixed this but need to make the fix public.

@crickes the version here: https://github.com/GeoffAtHome/lightwaverf-home-assistant-platform may fix your problem. You will need to update you configuration.yaml to this format here. This will get your hub registered and should address the send !F*p issue. After you hub has been registered with the new mac address you can delete this and revert back to the old version.

I am hoping to update the official version to include separate buttons for registration and de-registration. I ran into the latter by having too many devices registered.

Hi Geoff, Iā€™m running Hassio in Docker on an Ubuntu 18.04 LTS machine.

Any ideas if the fix will work for mem

@adamjhodson what errors are you seeing? I know you posted ā€œ/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/lightwave/lightwave.py (ERROR)ā€ but you need to click on this to expose the actual error.

My guess is that it will say ā€œLWLink Timeoutā€ or similar. If this is the error then you need to register HA with the hub. This should be done automatically when a light/switch is switched on or off. When switched you have ten seconds to get to the hub and click ā€œYesā€.

If this doesnā€™t work you are experience a similar bug to the one I am trying to address. You can manually register HA to the hub by running the command:

echo -ne "100,\!F*p." | nc -u -w1 192.168.1.110 9760

(with your own IP address of the hub).
The alternative is to following my last posting to @crickes.

I hope to address this but am distracted with other things right now.

Thank you. I prefer the local calls, I want to avoid cloud calls. As for my second question, does it work generation 2 of the lightwave?

@Targettio tell me about it (local calls). My heating system reaches out to the cloud and I had an internet outage which stopped my overriding the room temperatures. After that I wrote my own service broker that runs only on the local network.

I see no reason why the code should not work on the second generation of LightWave but I am unable to confirm as I do not have access to any second generation products. That said, the public API can be found here: (https://api.lightwaverf.com/)
Improvements could be made to the interface as rather than assuming the state of devices this information can be read from the hub which is a significantly better solution. The changes to support this should be trivial trivial.

1 Like

Raised a PR for the lightwave component. This now allows you to add a switch that when up will register with the Lightwave Wifi Link Hub. Off de-registers all devices so use wisely. Hopeful this will make for the next update for Home Assistant.

@adamjhodson the PR just made should fixed your problem. You will need to wait for it to get published or download it from my branch. Let me know if you need help.

Hi Geoff,

I left my LightwaveRF integration alone for a little while I tinkered with other things.

So if I got to use it tonight and out the lines back in my config.yaml I should be able to see the light flashing on the hub?

Theyā€™ve finally released the API for Gen2 now and itā€™s a lot different from Gen1. No local calls from what I can see

I found I could not register ā€¦ I then remembered you can only have 6 devices authorised so I had to deregister them all (old phones) and once done it recognised first SWITCH but not light :slight_smile: