limitlessLED broken in 0.66

since the update from the 65.6 to 66.1 limitlessLed won’t load.
it results with the following error message:

Error while setting up platform limitlessled
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py", line 82, in async_setup
    SLOW_SETUP_MAX_WAIT, loop=hass.loop)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.6/asyncio/tasks.py", line 358, in wait_for
    return fut.result()
  File "/usr/lib/python3.6/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 56, in run
    result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/components/light/limitlessled.py", line 127, in setup_platform
    'fade': group_conf[CONF_FADE]
  File "/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/components/light/limitlessled.py", line 169, in __init__
    from limitlessled.group.dimmer import DimmerGroup
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'limitlessled.group.dimmer'

any ideas?

The dimmer group came in the latest version of limitlessled module (1.1.0), it seems your dependency was not updated.

Someone reported the same problem here:

1 Like

I had my milights stop working with 0.66 too.

I read elsewhere that people with milights issues to delete the deps folder in the config folder and that the deps will reinstall after reboot.

I’m running Hassio.

I had the limitlessled dependecy files in deps, so I deleted the files and restarted. The files were not regenerated, bit my milights started working again.

I also read that when running docker, deps are not needed. So I have no idea why I had deps in the first place.

thanks, this helped me :slight_smile: but for now the old issue of 0.64 is still there, the fix with the old custom component is currently not working for me :confused:
https://community.home-assistant.io/t/limitlessled-broken-in-v64-x/46094/7