Link RF433 Signal to IR with ESP-Home

I have a vakuum robot and two air conditioner. All tree have only IR to control.

for a test, i can control the vacuum robot and both with a ir transmitter and a d1-mini and work.

but my problem is, the devices are at different rooms and my idea is to link RF433 Signal to the IR-Transmitter

eg: Command Start Vacuum Robot - Signal from HA goes via central RF Transmitter to RF-Receiver from VR and then send IR-Signal to VR

same to Air Conditioner in Living Room and Sleeping Room

Have anyone a Idea how i can realize that?

I can take the voltage for the D1mini internally from the devices and set it to 5V with a voltage converter

Hi @metaiiica,

Why not use OpenMQTTGateway on your d1-mini with the IR transmitter and use it’s WiFi connectivity to send MQTT commands through an MQTT broker to it to initiate the various IR commands - no additional RF really needed.

At least this is how I control all my IR devices in all rooms :wink:

This is a good Idea too… Mhhh, this is simpler i think

Won’t you need an IR transmitter in each room an IR device is in, since each device must receive an ir signal and ir signals can’t penetrate walls? You can’t software your way around this because of physics.

So you would need a D1 mini with a transmitter in each room. They can just be controlled via wifi. Your smart remote could just be your phone. I don’t see the need for MQTT myself. I’d just use the native ESPHome API.

If you want a traditional physical remote that can be used from any room you could look into getting some rf remotes (like cheap car remotes) and attaching an RF receiver to any esp in your home.

In this case a command trigger would bridge by: RF remote signal to RF reciever on an esp > esp to HA via WiFi > HA to esp with ir transmitter via wifi > ir signal from local ir hub to smart device.

If the vacuum is moving around rooms and you want to control it you’ll need more IR hubs.

Edit: oh I see the ESP can be mounted in/on the vacuum. So disregard my last comment.

Not the best remotes to use!!!
These often use rolling codes and then you can not use them.

I’ve never had a problem with cheap ones. I have heaps.

The ones you buy on Ali are aimed at the user being able to learn the codes so typically have simple and common protocols.

The ones with rolling codes are probably more expensive?

“Car” remote was probably a poor word choice. The ones I mean resemble a car remote but I don’t think they are intended for that purpose! “Garage door remote” might be the more common use case I think. Screenshot_2023-05-11-07-14-17-717_com.android.systemui|225x500