Linux Companion App (LNXlink)

@vijaykbhatia My app is not meant to be working on headless machines because it depends on some graphical components.
You can delete some files that might cause the problem:

• send_keys.py
  • media.py
  • notify.py

It’s best to create issues on github because it’s easier for me to keep track of them.

And even on non headless machine, I think it wiil not work if service is started as root user, cause it require (again) some graphical component and most of Linux distros are not allowing the use of X to root (at least, not out of box).

Thanks for the advice, ill create an issue and will give your idea a go.
Cheers

hi I’m trying to install, but can’t seem to get it work.
I’m running manjaro. This is the error that I get

Looking for GIT…
Looking for Python3…
Looking for PIP3…
Already exists, updating…
From https://github.com/bkbilly/lnxlink

• branch master → FETCH_HEAD
    Already up to date.
    Installing Python requirements…
    Requirement already satisfied: PyYAML>=5.3.1 in /usr/lib/python3.10/site-packages (from -r /opt/lnxlink/requirements.txt (line 1)) (5.4.1)
    Requirement already satisfied: paho-mqtt>=1.5.1 in /usr/lib/python3.10/site-packages (from -r /opt/lnxlink/requirements.txt (line 2)) (1.6.1)
    Requirement already satisfied: notify2>=0.3.1 in /usr/lib/python3.10/site-packages (from -r /opt/lnxlink/requirements.txt (line 3)) (0.3.1)
    Requirement already satisfied: psutil>=5.8.0 in /usr/lib/python3.10/site-packages (from -r /opt/lnxlink/requirements.txt (line 4)) (5.9.0)
    Requirement already satisfied: mpris2>=1.0.2 in /usr/lib/python3.10/site-packages (from -r /opt/lnxlink/requirements.txt (line 5)) (1.0.2)
    Requirement already satisfied: pynput>=1.7.3 in /usr/lib/python3.10/site-packages (from -r /opt/lnxlink/requirements.txt (line 6)) (1.7.6)
    Requirement already satisfied: evdev>=1.3 in /usr/lib/python3.10/site-packages (from pynput>=1.7.3->-r /opt/lnxlink/requirements.txt (line 6)) (1.4.0)
    Requirement already satisfied: python-xlib>=0.17 in /usr/lib/python3.10/site-packages (from pynput>=1.7.3->-r /opt/lnxlink/requirements.txt (line 6)) (0.31)
    Requirement already satisfied: six in /usr/lib/python3.10/site-packages (from pynput>=1.7.3->-r /opt/lnxlink/requirements.txt (line 6)) (1.16.0)
    sudo: apt: command not found
    User configuration setup…
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File “/opt/lnxlink/config.py”, line 29, in
    with open(config_file) as f:
    FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: ‘/opt/lnxlink/config.yaml’
    Installing as a service…

All done!
Enjoy!!!

Any ideas on whats going on?

If I’m not mistaking, Manjaro is similar as Archlinux, right? I’m running on Arch and if I remember correct, /opt/lnxlink/config.yaml file wasn’t exist after installation. Instead, there was a config_temp.yaml on mentioned location, so I created config.yaml by copying content from config_temp.yaml

Is there any way for this to check if the screen is locked or not?
I want to trigger my lights when I unlock or lock the machine.

It seems to be possible, but I have to look deeper so that I can be sure.
I’ve created a feature request issue on my github.

1 Like

Is it possible to send the “screen on” command to wake the screen?

I’ve added support for many sensors, including the screen on/off that @Iceman24 wanted.

1 Like

It would be ace if LNX Link could you show whether systems updates are available (yum/apt).

1 Like

It’s a nice idea, I’ve created a feature request on my github.

1 Like

Worth mentioning that the install instructions and modules now support running on a headless server.