List & count entities / devices connected to specific AP

Hi,
Please could someone give me a hand with a template to list all the devices connected to a specific access point (unifi)?

I understand I can check if a specific device is connected to a specific AP with the following template, however I wish to expand this to list all the devices connected to each AP by mac address on a manual card - is this possible?

{{ is_state('device_tracker.my_phone', 'ap_mac') == "00:00:00:00:00:00" }}

I would also like a count for each AP.

Thanks in advance!

For the count:

{{ states.device_tracker | selectattr('ap_mac', 'eq', '00:00:00:00:00:00') | map(attribute='entity_id') | list | count }}

For a comma separated list of entity_ids:

{{ states.device_tracker | selectattr('ap_mac', 'eq', '00:00:00:00:00:00') | map(attribute='entity_id') | list | join(", ")  }}

For a comma separated list of friendly names:

{{ states.device_tracker | selectattr('ap_mac', 'eq', '00:00:00:00:00:00') | map(attribute='name') | list | join(", ")  }}

Hi, thanks for the swift response!

I have just tried this and the count returns ‘0’ (and no devices are listed)

Could this be to do with the comparator used on the ap_mac?

Ta

Jon

Did you replace 00:00:00:00:00:00 with the mac of your AP?

Yep :slight_smile:

Pick any of the device trackers and post the attributes listed in the developer tools states menu.

source_type: router
is_wired: false
hostname: amazon-9fae3ae60
mac: 'd0:d0:d0:d0:d0:d0'
name: Lounge FireTV
oui: ''
_is_guest_by_uap: false
ap_mac: 'a0:a0:a0:a0:a0:a0'
authorized: true
essid: Nacho Wifi
ip: xx.xx.xx.xx
is_11r: false
is_guest: false
noted: true
qos_policy_applied: true
radio: na
radio_proto: ac
vlan: 0
friendly_name: Lounge FireTV

Try removing the quotes from around the mac.

{{ states.device_tracker | selectattr('ap_mac', 'eq', 00:00:00:00:00:00) | map(attribute='entity_id') | list | count }}
{{ states.device_tracker | selectattr('ap_mac', 'eq', 00:00:00:00:00:00) | map(attribute='entity_id') | list | join(", ")  }}
{{ states.device_tracker | selectattr('ap_mac', 'eq', 00:00:00:00:00:00) | map(attribute='name') | list | join(", ")  }}

That works for me (selecting on a different attribute):

It doesn’t like the colons in the mac:

Error rendering template: TemplateSyntaxError: expected token ‘,’, got ‘:’

Hang on. Post the whole config where you use the template. I might have an idea what the problem is.

Great stuff…Thanks

My intention is to have it on a card, but just testing it in the Developer Tools > Template menu currently.

Oh ok.That’s not the problem then. Was thinking you were doing something like this:

value_template: '{{ states.device_tracker | selectattr('ap_mac', 'eq', '00:00:00:00:00:00') | map(attribute='entity_id') | list | count }}'

Instead of this:

value_template: "{{ states.device_tracker | selectattr('ap_mac', 'eq', '00:00:00:00:00:00') | map(attribute='entity_id') | list | count }}"

One last try:

{{ states.device_tracker | selectattr('ap_mac' == '00:00:00:00:00:00') | map(attribute='entity_id') | list | count }}
{{ states.device_tracker | selectattr('ap_mac', == '00:00:00:00:00:00') | map(attribute='entity_id') | list | join(", ")  }}
{{ states.device_tracker | selectattr('ap_mac', == '00:00:00:00:00:00') | map(attribute='name') | list | join(", ")  }}

Don’t forget to replace the mac addresses, with the the AP addresses.

Still getting ‘0’ returned :woozy_face:

Yeah on closer inspection my section template is not working for entity attributes, only state (it’s actually returning all my trackers in the example above).

Hopefully someone else may be able to help. I don’t like @ing people but if I see someone I know can help is online I’ll point them this way.

@tom_l was close. To get to an “attribute” of a state object in the selectattr() function you need to use 'attributes.ATTR'. (See State Objects.) So:

{{ states.device_tracker | selectattr('attributes.ap_mac', 'eq', '00:00:00:00:00:00') | list | count }}
{{ states.device_tracker | selectattr('attributes.ap_mac', 'eq', '00:00:00:00:00:00') | map(attribute='entity_id') | list | join(', ')  }}
{{ states.device_tracker | selectattr('attributes.ap_mac', 'eq', '00:00:00:00:00:00') | map(attribute='name') | list | join(', ')  }}
1 Like

Awesome, thats done it! Thanks both!

If I want to add this to a card?

Thanks Phil.

Auto entities would be a good fit for this.

I am able to count to the LAN connected devices, i.e. home state but still not able to find the way how to list connected IPs (ip from device_tracker attributes )
Could anybody here advice pls?

Edit:
I did it :slight_smile:
{{ states.device_tracker | selectattr('attributes.ip') | map(attribute='attributes.ip')| list | join('\n') }}