Lists for everything - beyond shopping only

I also could really use this feature, with multiple shopping lists.

As someone relatively new, why? Whatā€™s the benefit? Every smart platform has some sort of list functionality, and there are many list managers online or in apps? What are the benefits of HA? Why should HA reinvent this?

I havenā€™t tried it because I canā€™t get my family to use any list manager. Since itā€™s just for me, the one native to my phone/watch is most convenient to me.

Maybe once I get to the point of a dashboard ā€¦. What I want most out of home automation is an e-ink display the size of a refrigerator calendar that can display a calendar and current shopping list

Wouldnā€™t more people get more out of more integrations to various list managers?

Anyone here knows how to style the shopping list proper?
After updating HA, the style has been messed up.

I would like smaller margins and styling the text boxes.

I have no idea, but like you, I liked the way this looked before this update

Old Shopping List Card Design - Share your Projects! / Lovelace & Frontend - Home Assistant Community (home-assistant.io)

1 Like

Thank you so much. Will try this right away

The HA list just works perfectly with any device, anyplace, with any SO. I tried some tasks lists like the Google one and this list is just so much better. I want to have a task list, a shopping list, and some other lists stored here, and you can automate a lot of things to these lists that can improve so much the results, trigger notifications, turn on some lights when a new item has been added, etc. and this is the little difference that can make your family use the lists or not (And in my mind it has a lot of potential!).

This should be a possibility. Not everything is bought in the same supermarket, and would get my partner to use home assistant at least once a week.

+1, Voted.

Iā€™d really like to see this added as a ā€œhelperā€. With the shift of many ā€œadvancedā€ platforms moving to being defined as helpers, something like a list platform would be awesome.

It would also allow for nicer integration with services which return list-based data for display. For example, I am working towards a working integration with Mealie, which provides (for each recipe) a list of ingredients and a list of steps. Being able to let my integration populate an entity that would represent that list would be incredibly helpful, and I think open the doors to other ā€œlist-basedā€ services like for note-taking, list-making, stuff-doing, etcā€¦

5 Likes

So, is this a thing yet or not?

If not: +1, Voted!

Iā€™m also waiting for multiple shopping listsā€¦ like The Local Calendar integration - introduced in Home Assistant 2022.12

1 Like

Asked for this long ago. Make it possible to have multiple instances each with a different category. Technically could be one list that supports tags and could be presented filtering a tag

Still looking for this, especially since the Todoist integration broke.

1 Like

Any news? Someone has multi list working somehow?

1 Like

Would love to have multiple shopping lists with more functionality native in HA.

any update ā€¦?

I am not skilled enough to add it, but i will be guessing this is a pretty easy change to implement. Low hanging fruit as they say.

1 Like

Iā€™m looking forward to this like the flowers in May.

All hail version 2023.11.0.
Hooray!

1 Like