Local Control Lighting

Recently new to HA and am going through the learning curves most everyone has I think. I have several Tuya smart bulbs and recently hit the 1 month free developer cloud limit.

I originally didn’t realize this was a thing so now I am going to loose control of those lights. I could control them through the Alexa media player hack but would prefer local control through HA natively.

I have been looking at the Govee brand of smart lighting but I can’t find anything that states whether they provide local control or not.

Does anyone know or have recommendations for local control bulbs? Preferably WiFi or Bluetooth control as I only need to replace 4 bulbs.

Hi, you can try Tuya Local in HACS store. If that does not work, try Local Tuya. The first was easier to setup for me.
Then no need to change bulbs.

I don’t have wifi smart bulbs but if I gonna buy one I will probably go with this

1 Like

You can replace the tuya firmware with esphome or openbeken on those light bulbs.
No need for replacements

1 Like

I searched the forum for the Athom devices, and there seem to be issues with their power outlets - I don’t know if this problem exists in their bulbs, but if they use the same circuit seems likely, and implies low quality and early failure for their devices: