Local realtime person detection for RTSP cameras

Okay so i see
bind /mnt/data/supervisor/media /media
This mean that the whole /media on the host is mounted to the container?!
Will try to figure out how to mount the media whole folder to NAS in the HASSOS

Perhaps this is the directory on the host OS then?

I don’t personally use the media directory, for anything other than Frigate - so I’m ok with replacing the entire media directory with an external mount.

Yea exactly i want it to. So how do you watch frigate, it is from inside the HASS interface,or seperate IP/port? if you have seperated that

Aaaaaaaand its gone, /etc/fstab erraset after reboot… grrrr… fok

HA runs on port 8123, Frigate on 5000.

I think if you enable ‘show in sidebar’ it loads through an iframe, so is accessible via the 8123 port interface.

Perhaps some other solutions in this thread?

1 Like

container homeassistant has mounted it fine i see remote files
The GUI media browser did mounted it fine i see remote files
But the container frigate not able and dont see it…

I have already tested everything on that thread… thank you :>

Thank you for sharing this. This camera kept throwing this green screen and changing to your suggested 4MP 20 FPS has stopped it.

How is your latency on main stream. As I posted earlier I resorted to zoneminder for live view.

after restarting frigate addon, all settings gone from container. They are recreating on docker run i guess from image :-/

There’s already a HACs component for deepstack. Runs well, but of course you need to run the deepstack docker.

1 Like

yeah i see, the hassos is different. I am thinking to make the same as you :smiley:

That does not work at all… all cams do instantly freeze…

Any other tips?

And are you sure you know what you are talking about? Sorry, but I think you are not getting my question.

According to the documentation your syntax is not an option:
https://blakeblackshear.github.io/frigate/configuration/detectors

1 Like

Hey, the mention of the other thread flagged me.

@ukro I think you would need to run the mount commands so they are run from within the ‘frigate’ container (if my brief read of this thread has my thinking right). This can be done either within the container or by telling the docker command prompt to run it within the container.
A google search gives this is a resource: https://devconnected.com/docker-exec-command-with-examples/#:~:text=In%20order%20to%20start%20a,Bash%20terminal%20in%20your%20container.

So, to make it work so that the frigate container can see the NAS share, I think you’d need to change it to something like this:

shell_command:
mount_media: docker -exec -it mount -v -t cifs -o vers=1.0,noserverino,username=,pass=,domain=WORKGROUP,sec=ntlm //192.168.1.x/Music /media

You find out container id’s at the shell prompt by typing docker ps or looking for the container identifier in portainer. I think there is a way to use the name of the container instead of the id, but I’m getting out of my depth. I am also not sure which smb dependencies may be missing from the non-core docker containers. In some respects, each container should be thought of like a separate windows pc.

1 Like

Thank you for pointers.
In container homeassistant and supervisor everything is fine, mounting as should be.
When i see /mnt/data/supervisor/media this should mean that the media folder is in the supervisor container but it isnt :-/ each time i mount and run the frigate, it just making his own folder again. Not putting to /mnt/data/supervisor/media
The problem now is only inside the frigate, i have no idea why i cant mount from within it. smb read only problem and with nfs saying no permission or what.
Still trying further what i can do…
P.S. as i have hassos i might not have the same access as normaly seperated dockers and run. If i will not figure it out the last resort is to make regular dockers on some linux machine

To be clear, in media browser i see network mounted folder,everything is fine with that, but only after i run frigate, its just making his own writes wherever he wants :stuck_out_tongue:

I even tryed to create a folder in supervisor in config, it apears in frigate config folder, i mounted in supervisor the network share and i see the files,but in frigate container its empty…hmmmmm

Yeah so its come to that i need to mount it not in the container as i am not allowed but in the HASSOS itself in the path /mnt/data/supervisor/media as mension in docker binds…

Would allow you to see the various parameters that the container is run with, so that you could then blow it away, re-run with a modified set to point to your own media folder… but, I would imagine it’s not going to survive a restart of HA.

I think, you might be better off with a Supervised install, I think it is ‘supported’ on Debian 10… would give you more flexibility, if you’re reasonably comfortable managing Linux.

Hi Jokerigno,
Have you set the retain properties in your config?

Hi Karl,

Question 2, it appears as though bugger all browsers support h265.
See this: HEVC/H.265 video format | Can I use... Support tables for HTML5, CSS3, etc

Question 3, see this: Camera Configuration | Frigate

check to make sure your camera feed is h264 with AAC audio. If your camera doesn’t support a compatible format for RTMP, you can use the ffmpeg args to re-encode it on the fly at the expense of increased CPU utilization.

Question 4, this sounds like your sub-stream is outputting a 4:3 image. Can you check by streaming it in VLC and see what resolution it is. VLC tools menu bar item → Codec Information.

You’re right! thank you!