Local realtime person detection for RTSP cameras

On the way :slight_smile:

With these settings how the ffmpeg manages the 2 different resolutions? I guess the 680x480 is the subvideo, but the main should be higher. Why don’t set the main resolution?

I was a bit like :thinking: too. It turns out FFMPEG just takes the native resolution from the camera for the clips stream, and uses the specified resolution for the detect stream (the substream in this case).

Have a look at the detections you’ve been getting on the events page. The bounding boxes show the area of the object, which gives you a general idea. You can also turn bounding boxes on and go for a walk with a portable device, noting down the smallest and largest areas for a person.

Bear in mind that you may wish to set the min_area and max_area a little lower and higher than the values you see.

You can then add those values to the objects section under your camera config:

objects:
      track:
        - person
        - car
      filters:
        person:
          min_area: 4000
          max_area: 300000
          min_score: 0.5
          threshold: 0.7
1 Like

Because the main stream is not encoded.
When using -detect on a specific stream you have to set the parameters as width and height for that particular stream.

To whom it might be interesting, mounting remote NAS folder to Frigate on Proxmox LXC container.
My first tutorial xD don’t judge and do comment and like if i helped :slight_smile:
https://community.home-assistant.io/t/network-share-on-frigate-hassos-with-nabucasa-ssl-and-proxmox-lxc-container/

1 Like

Hi Asher,
I’m using Annke C800’s (first gen with the metal case) but have installed the compatible hikvision firmware.

Good luck with the parameters, I’d be interested in figuring this out.

Walt made an incredible node-red automation for the native iPhone HA app here:

I’ve tried to recreate this for Android but I’m not having any luck. Has anyone created a flow for node-red and Android app with some advanced functionality? I’d really like to do two things, be able to mute notifications for X minutes off the notification and disable notifications if a door has been recently opened (don’t notify drive way camera for 10 minutes if the front door was opened).

I’m just not there with my programming know-how even if node-red is doing most of it. :smiley:

If you haven’t already, attempt to flash back to Annke firmware. My C800 has a dropdown to choose between h264 and h265.
I’m surprised Hikvision doesn’t have this same option. Try latest firmware maybe?
Best of luck! :crossed_fingers:

Hi,

thank you @blakeblackshear! It’s great tool :slight_smile:

I’m looking for install it on a jetson nano 2GB (for me google coral little bit expensive and my HA is running on intel nuc virtualbox). As I see in the forum it is possible. Can Frigate work on a jetson nano 2gb? And how can I install it on jetson nano, e.g. ubuntu + Frigate in docker?

Than you in advance!

Well done to you,… I was worried the naysayers would throw you off… Thanks for contributing back to us

1 Like

Thx m8 :slight_smile: :heart:

Look this guy use it

If you know linux, partly you can use this tutorial, but only part as its for intel integrated GPU
https://community.home-assistant.io/t/network-share-on-frigate-hassos-with-nabucasa-ssl-and-proxmox-lxc-container/
I’m now also interested in this jetson. If/when i buy i might make a tutorial.

Do somebody use Frigate on Raspberry pi 4? How is the performance?
Because i read this

TensorFlow Lite on Raspberry Pi 4 can achieve performance comparable to NVIDIA’s Jetson Nano at a fraction of the cost.

https://towardsdatascience.com/3-ways-to-install-tensorflow-2-on-raspberry-pi-fe1fa2da9104

works with two 720p streams at 5 fps detection, inference speed is 200-300ms

Thank you for reply, can you explain what is inference speed?
Do you think it can handle any more cameras as 5fps?

@blakeblackshear Hi, please can you explain why whenever i stop frigate the container just disapear from the listing in portainer.
P.S. cache is cleared. Other containers for example ssh are in stop state when i stop them from HASS GUI.
Thank you

You are probably running with --rm.

Thank you for reply, i’m using frigate addon. And i’m trying to figure out how to resetup the addon to make additional changes when the addon is started.
Is the --rm in your default setup/image?
Can it be removed?

H all and @blakeblackshear

I note a few people are having problems with filters and have read some of the fixes. But is anyone have trouble with a mask in a filter?

I have this in global config:

track:
    - car
    - person
    - bicycle

And this under my front camera:

objects:
      track:
        - car
        - person
        - bicycle
      mask: