Local realtime person detection for RTSP cameras

Frigate UI has 3 dots at upper right of screen. There you will find “Restart Frigate”.
Not sure if it works as advertised but worth a try.

A month or so ago I tried very hard to do this without success. I think it’s possible but requires some deeper knowledge.

You can restart from frigate itself. I find it works most of the time. Occasionally it hangs or shits down instead of restarting

Have you upgraded your firmware recently for your Reolink-810a?
I see Reolink has released firmware v 8.1.x this year. Do you know if the newer versions include the ‘fix’ you mention to downgrade the quality to h264? Or are you still on the v3.0.0.236_21040831

Hey,
nope, that was very old post. Reolink was amazing in developing and implementing the requests from the communicty.
I’m on the latest firmware version which automatically change the codec from h.265 to h.264 when you lower the resolution:

• Firmware Version: v3.1.0.956_22041503

I wrote it here: Local realtime person detection for RTSP cameras - #6085 by palito

Any advice for getting them to offer a toggle for the duo 2? it only does h.265 currently on the higher res stream

I have remote mount of SMB and frigate addon is storing all the data to network storage

Glad to know I can turn on dog and cat for cyote and bobcat. But I do wish we could find deer and racoons and coyotes too.

I’m now using blue iris with 2x4MP and 4x 8MP cams on a dedicated i7 windows PC. Working fine but thinking of changing this to Frigate with the objective to get person/face recognition, better integration in HASS and lastly to save energy.

After reading many many posts still not sure about the best way forward when it comes to setup.

I’m now running HASOSS on an intel NUC 6cayh (Celeron 3455) with a 128gb m.2 ssd. I’m getting my Coral next week. I don’t use a NAS and as far as I understand I can’t add an extra drive in HASSOS. My main questions:

• With 6 cams (2x4MP, 4x 8MP): Can this run well together with HASS?
  • If so, storage seems my biggest concern; I want to store few weeks of clips which is not possible on 128GB.
  • In that case can I best a) replace my m.2 SSD with a 2TB one and then run all on the existing NUC? or b) get another dedicated NUC (eg a J4125 based machine) with a decent 2TB 2.5” drive that only runs frigate and then integrates with the frigate proxy on my existing NUC (basically not changing anything on my current HASSOS machine) .

Money is not the biggest issue. Just want the best stable setup.

Any other recommendations are welcome.

I think SSD will be killed fast when you have recording 24/7.
I would suggest NAS as i am doing it at my 2 instances. All of them have NAS for media storage

Has anyone been able to successfully upload clips from events to the cloud for backup ?
In the current version, clips are not separate files

I notice using the frigate-proxy, I can see all the clips in the Media browser, but unsure how to get them out and uploaded in an automated fashion :frowning:

1 Like

For your DS220+, did you have the add the

LIBVA_DRIVER_NAME=i965

…environment variable to your docker compose? I tried adding it and removing it and didn’t notice much of a difference. Looking up the CPU on the 220+, I’m fairly certain we’re 9th gen…?

I did add it, and its working fine, haven’t run tests to see what the differences are though yet

I use the sub for detection and main for recording, but only certain browsers will play back the H265 video.

anyone else have trouble building? make build_web nothing but errors about permissions.

Thats strange! i bought one from the Pi hut in the UK last week.

Hi on my cameras Frigate is recording without counting Daylight savings time (time of camera and of HA and real is 11:00, for Frigate recordings is 12:00)

ANy hint how to change this?

I’m having some issues with the config. The relevant part of frigate.yml:

[camera]:
    ffmpeg:
      inputs:
        - path: [path]
          roles:
            - record
            - detect
    rtmp:
      enabled: False
    record:
      enabled: True
      retain:
        days: 0
        mode: motion
      events:
        retain:
          default: 2
          mode: motion
        required_zones:
          - [zone 2]
    snapshots:
    zones:
      [zone 1]:
        coordinates: 0,113,763,224,823,734,506,1520,0,1520
      [zone 2]:
        coordinates: 2688,0,791,0,823,748,508,1520,2688,1520
    detect:

I only want events to be triggered in zone 2. Regardless, also events in zone 1 are stored/reported. How to fix this?

You might need to put zone 2 in required zones for snapshots too.

What happen if you reboot server? What is time on host server?

EDIT
on a side note…all 2AM to 3AM recording are deleted. Frigate seems to recognize time shift at 3AM Central US and suddenly go back and record over the 2AM recordings.

I run on Proxmox, need to check, not sure how to