Local realtime person detection for RTSP cameras

my friend, in your github page there is single quote :slight_smile: https://github.com/blakeblackshear/frigate#camera_name

anyways i tried without, with singe and with double too, also sent you the config in mail, must be something missing as no zones visible

I was referring to the example config:

You can also add quotes around the entire string like this:

Your config entry looks like the following, which doesn’t look like either example in the docs.

mask: poly `0,461,3,0,1919,0,1919,843,1699,492,1344,458,1346,336,973,317,869,375,866,432'

i see, i tried this way:
draw_zones: True
zone: poly,17,562,17,21,1502,21,1538,504
do i need anything else to make it visible? As this way it doesnt show it.

Please look at the example config in the Readme to see where zone configuration goes. Zone configuration does not go in the same section as draw_zones.

ahh, this must be the issue then, OK i will try

Notice: Lots of breaking changes.

Just released beta version 1 for 0.8.0. Here is the updated readme. The main focus so far has been around the new homeassistant integration.

I have been running this with my setup for 24 hours, so I won’t be surprised if there are bugs I haven’t found yet.

I do plan to incorporate several additional enhancements before the release candidate.

6 Likes

Sorry being my first attempt at this new release. It suggests that rtmp can be a global option, here is my config:

detectors:
  coral:
    type: edgetpu
    device: usb

mqtt:
  host: 192.168.0.84
  topic_prefix: motion
  client_id: home
  user: mosquitto
  password: '{FRIGATE_MQTT_PASSWORD}'

save_clips:
  max_seconds: 300
  retain:
    default: 60

objects:
  track:
    - person
  filters:
    person:
      min_area: 5000
      max_area: 100000
      min_score: 0.5
      threshold: 0.80

record:
  enabled: False
  retain_days: 30

rtmp:
  enabled: True

cameras:
  porch:
    inputs:
      - path: rtsp://{FRIGATE_RTSP_USER}:{FRIGATE_RTSP_PASSWORD}@192.168.0.20:554/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=0
        roles:
          - clips

- path: rtsp://{FRIGATE_RTSP_USER}:{FRIGATE_RTSP_PASSWORD}@192.168.0.20:554/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=1
        roles:
          - detect
          - rtmp

I am getting the following error: frigate.app ERROR : Error parsing config: extra keys not allowed @ data['rtmp']

Where does it suggest rtmp can be globally configured? It isn’t in the example config. RTMP is enabled by default.

Support for mesa va drivers for AMD hwaccel in ffmpeg < this is HUGE if works, i have AMD rx580 GPU card, how to enable it and how to verify it does work?

My bad, I was reading the ‘recording’ line

You need to pass an environment variable to the container: LIBVA_DRIVER_NAME=radeonsi

Also, set your hwaccel_args to:

hwaccel_args:
    - -hwaccel
    - vaapi
    - -hwaccel_device
    - /dev/dri/renderD128

I don’t have a way to test this. Please comment on this issue for help from the contributor if needed.

How do I specify multiple inputs? My format seems to be wrong

frigate.app ERROR : Error parsing config: extra keys not allowed @ data['cameras']['porch']['inputs']

Randomly scanning through this thread and saw this issue - synology (this is from memory but might help) doesn’t have many drivers - I had to install some drivers from a community plug-in to be able to recognize certain usb devices. The package I used was USBSerialDrivers for DSM. If you can’t find it LMK and I’ll try and dig out the info

1 Like

That a big step forward you have made with the new beta !
Do you have any plans on releasing a beta version for the addon ?

1 Like

Yes. Just haven’t gotten to it yet.

1 Like

You are missing the ffmpeg section between porch and inputs.

Thanks, sorry for being a pest, but now getting another error that height is missing when I (think) it says optional?

frigate.app ERROR : Error parsing config: required key not provided @ data['cameras']['porch']['height']

height and width are now required. Does the new readme say otherwise somewhere? Too many reported issued due to failed automatic detection.

edit: LOL. i see it in my screenshot now

life is too short to read the readme :slight_smile: i have the /dev/dri/renderD128 installed already, thats a good sign, so i will test the HW accel next week on the AMD

Not sure what to do here, specified width and height. My docker container is pointing /media/frigate/clips to a valid path on my host.

I didn’t do anything with tmpfs as you did in docker, thinking it might not be an issue since my docker is running on SSD.

I am getting this error ffmpeg.porch.clips ERROR : At least one output file must be specified

ErrorWarningSystemArrayLogin

* Starting nginx nginx
...done.
frigate.app INFO : Creating directory: /media/frigate/recordings
frigate.app INFO : Creating directory: /tmp/cache
frigate.mqtt INFO : MQTT connected
frigate.app INFO : Camera processor started for porch: 33
frigate.app INFO : Capture process started for porch: 34
detector.coral INFO : Starting detection process: 30
frigate.edgetpu INFO : Attempting to load TPU as usb
frigate.video INFO : porch: ffmpeg sent a broken frame. something is wrong.
frigate.video INFO : porch: ffmpeg process is not running. exiting capture thread...
frigate.edgetpu INFO : TPU found
ffmpeg.porch.clips ERROR : At least one output file must be specified

ffmpeg.porch.clips ERROR : At least one output file must be specified

watchdog.porch INFO : Terminating the existing ffmpeg process...
watchdog.porch INFO : Waiting for ffmpeg to exit gracefully...
frigate.video INFO : porch: ffmpeg sent a broken frame. something is wrong.
frigate.video INFO : porch: ffmpeg process is not running. exiting capture thread...