Local realtime person detection for RTSP cameras

I didn’t tested a lot at the moment. I’m still trying to setup masks, detect etc. I wll use it to just 3 cams on my balconies so I don’t think it will produce a lot of work. It would be GREAT if Face Detection and Recognition will be added. At the moment I’m studing this soluton

This could bring room detection to another level !

1 Like

I’m running Supervised on an Ubuntu box and just mount an external USB 3.0 drive to /usr/share/hassio/media in fstab on the host box.

Presumably you could do the same/similar via a network share.

yeah i am trying, thx for reply. I can’t mount smb neither nfs. each giving errors. still working on that. As this might be a perfect solution

You seem to be trying it from within the container, whereas I’m doing it from the host box itself - with the Supervised install anyway, it maps /usr/share/hassio/media from the host, to the containers.

thank you for hints, no file or directory hassio in usr share :confused: on HASSOS.
So the files are on the HASSOS or in the container? How does the docker link/mount work on run
I am not able to edit the host options from the HASSOS and i cant see in portainer

I’m afraid I have not used HASSOS, only the (unsupported) supervised install.

But on the host os, if you run:

docker ps

Then get the container ID, so my frigate container ID is 267644069eef

docker inspect -f '{{ .Mounts }}' 267644069eef

It shows me the media mount point:

[{bind /usr/share/hassio/homeassistant /config rw true rprivate} {bind /usr/share/hassio/media /media rw true rprivate} {bind /dev /dev ro false rprivate} {bind /usr/share/hassio/addons/data/ccab4aaf_frigate /data rw true rprivate}]

Which on my setup is /usr/share/hassio/media on the host, which I just remounted to a USB drive instead.

Okay so i see
bind /mnt/data/supervisor/media /media
This mean that the whole /media on the host is mounted to the container?!
Will try to figure out how to mount the media whole folder to NAS in the HASSOS

Perhaps this is the directory on the host OS then?

I don’t personally use the media directory, for anything other than Frigate - so I’m ok with replacing the entire media directory with an external mount.

Yea exactly i want it to. So how do you watch frigate, it is from inside the HASS interface,or seperate IP/port? if you have seperated that

Aaaaaaaand its gone, /etc/fstab erraset after reboot… grrrr… fok

HA runs on port 8123, Frigate on 5000.

I think if you enable ‘show in sidebar’ it loads through an iframe, so is accessible via the 8123 port interface.

Perhaps some other solutions in this thread?

1 Like

container homeassistant has mounted it fine i see remote files
The GUI media browser did mounted it fine i see remote files
But the container frigate not able and dont see it…

I have already tested everything on that thread… thank you :>

Thank you for sharing this. This camera kept throwing this green screen and changing to your suggested 4MP 20 FPS has stopped it.

How is your latency on main stream. As I posted earlier I resorted to zoneminder for live view.

after restarting frigate addon, all settings gone from container. They are recreating on docker run i guess from image :-/

There’s already a HACs component for deepstack. Runs well, but of course you need to run the deepstack docker.

1 Like

yeah i see, the hassos is different. I am thinking to make the same as you :smiley:

That does not work at all… all cams do instantly freeze…

Any other tips?

And are you sure you know what you are talking about? Sorry, but I think you are not getting my question.

According to the documentation your syntax is not an option:
https://blakeblackshear.github.io/frigate/configuration/detectors

1 Like

Hey, the mention of the other thread flagged me.

@ukro I think you would need to run the mount commands so they are run from within the ‘frigate’ container (if my brief read of this thread has my thinking right). This can be done either within the container or by telling the docker command prompt to run it within the container.
A google search gives this is a resource: https://devconnected.com/docker-exec-command-with-examples/#:~:text=In%20order%20to%20start%20a,Bash%20terminal%20in%20your%20container.

So, to make it work so that the frigate container can see the NAS share, I think you’d need to change it to something like this:

shell_command:
mount_media: docker -exec -it mount -v -t cifs -o vers=1.0,noserverino,username=,pass=,domain=WORKGROUP,sec=ntlm //192.168.1.x/Music /media

You find out container id’s at the shell prompt by typing docker ps or looking for the container identifier in portainer. I think there is a way to use the name of the container instead of the id, but I’m getting out of my depth. I am also not sure which smb dependencies may be missing from the non-core docker containers. In some respects, each container should be thought of like a separate windows pc.

1 Like