Local realtime person detection for RTSP cameras

If its the mini pcie coral (not the m.2)

You need to get this adapter.

This one works.

1 Like

@blakeblackshear sorry if this was answered before, I couldnā€™t find anything clear.Is it possible to use the coral usb device with a raspberry pi (usb 3.0) and (not a docker) a HA OS install?

I though I would point out for anyone searching for an accelerator that the ā€œM.2 Accelerator B+M keyā€ works great with a Sabrent NVMe M.2 SSD to PCIe Adapter and at $18 should be slightly cheaper than the Mini PCIe Accelerator with Ableconn PEX-MP117 mPCIe Adapter.

2 Likes

So do you not have a mPCIe slot? What motherboard do you have?

I opened an issue on the firgate git page and got all the help and detailed instructions to rotate my images. Linked here for others who may seek this information in the future:

Image rotation instructions

Asus Prime B460M-A
The pci on the board is not the same as on pcie coral. In coral datasheet it says half size pcie,so it doesnt fit any motherboard. It fits in laptops wifi connector as i underatoodā€¦

Wooohooo i found it!!! local distributor

StarTech PCI-E to Mini PCI-E Card

This link works in Spain only
https://www.pccomponentes.com/startech-tarjeta-pci-e-a-mini-pci-e

And found on Amazon.es

If i knew that i need adapter,i would order m2ā€¦ damn datasheets

Yeah well thatā€™s why itā€™s call m for miniā€¦ :slight_smile:

I thought the small PCI that i have on my MB is the miniā€¦ :-/

Sorry to be that guy, but Iā€™ve been very happily running an old Frigate release for probably about 10 months now (been busy, and if itā€™s not broken, donā€™t fix it), so Iā€™ve got no clue what the major advancements have been in that time (though I do see thereā€™s now HA add-ons). Itā€™s finally time for me to upgrade my camera system and Iā€™m thinking of using a software NVR instead of using a dedicated physical NVR.

Does Frigate NVR now have the ability to be able to:

• Easily seek through all old recordings (using a dragger)
  • Playback old recordings at different speeds 0.5x, 2x etc
  • Easily save custom snippets from old recordings, i.e. find where you want to start the clip from, click record, click stop when you want the saved clip to end.

If not, are there any plans to incorporate the above NVR features? Iā€™m hesitant to use Blue Iris due to being Windows-only and relatively resource intensive, so would be happy to have Frigate as my whole NVR system if it can do these things reliably.

In my experience Frigate have easier searching than any of my NVR. As it shows exact object name (person etc) No need to use dragger. But when you open a clip you can drag the catched video.
Speed donā€™t have.
Save custom snippets no, only the whole 1minutes catched video.
i think the easiest way is for you to just install and test. I am now planning to change all of our company NVRs to Frigate. As it is hard to remote search for specific situation with dragger. Much easier to just open on the object person/time

The first and second bullet points have been implemented for 24/7 recordings and will be in the 0.9.0 release. The third is on my radar to build out along with a ā€œdaily reviewā€ video including all events for that day.

1 Like

Iā€™m really liking Frigate but I have a question. I have a few cameras but theyā€™re all pretty high resolution like 2304x1296 and 2048x1536 type sizes. I use those RTMP streams to handle the detection at a slower framerate but for some reason the camera.<location_name> entity in Home Assistant has a very small resolution. This is the case regardless of which input path stream I put it under (ā€œmainā€ or ā€œsubā€). What gives? Can I up the resolution for those re-broadcast RTMP streams somehow?

1 Like

You donā€™t have the stream component enabled in home assistant. Without it, the rtmp stream isnā€™t even used. It falls back to an mjpeg stream.

2 Likes

Has anyone had an issue with the USB Corals becoming unresponsive? About 1 week ago I noticed that Frigate wasnā€™t working, so checked the logs and discovered USB TPU not found errors. It didnā€™t really matter to me at the time, as Iā€™m running in mixed mode with a PCI Coral, so I removed the USB Coral from the config.

I just got around to enabling the USB coral again, however I encountered the same problem as before. The machine had been rebooted a few times since the initial problem, so this was unexpected.

I had to disconnect and reconnect the USB Coral to get it working again. Seems strange, I wonder if this will occur for me again.

Ah! Youā€™re right! Thanks @blakeblackshear, I added the stream: directive and now my stream does this, seemingly forever:

Is there something else I need to do to make it work?

Crap, nevermind. I forgot about my reverse-proxy. LOL, newb!

@SpikeyGG can you give an example for the reverse proxy? I have the same issue when I try to show a stream

Thanks!

I would @didi767, but I donā€™t want to expose raw TCP rtmp externally and I donā€™t think thereā€™s a way to use middlewares with TCP in Traefik (I think itā€™s not possible.) So, instead of writing it into the reverse proxy rules, for the time being, Iā€™m just going to change my Home Assistant to point to the Frigate host directly (no reverse-proxy). Iā€™ll need to establish some authentication and certificate security on Frigate before I expose TCP 1935 externally.

OMG, @blakeblackshear! I have it even sending the audio to HA in the stream, realtime! Frigate is blowing my mind right now!!

I had this problem caused by pcie usb card becoming inactive on host. It was know issue for that card.

I also hear about usb power issue causing similar error.