Local realtime person detection for RTSP cameras

Thanks, I did that and I see link to Frigate in the sidebar which opens the web interface. However I donā€™t see any Frigate HA entities being created. Does that only happen if you run full frigate on HA?

And you donā€™t have standard Frigate integration? That is only one for all. When youā€™re running HA from supervisor you can use docker intranet to connect to the addon (ingres) and so that address is pre-filled. But when youā€™re running Frigate on other IP you simply put it there and itā€™ll create the entities for you.

Oh i see, so i should still install the full HA Frigate integration but during the install I can specify that itā€™s actually running on a different machine?

1 Like

Ok sorry, I figured it out. I needed to install the Frigate integration, not Frigate add-on. Thanks

Maybe silly question, but is there a way to stream the low latency live stream (for instance by using the jsmpeg provider) to a Chromecast?

Hoping someone can help me.

I am running the latest version of frigate (have been using frigate for a long time now as a HA Addon).

Lately I keep running out of disk space in HA. The frigate recordings folder is taking up a lot more space than it used to. This only started happening about 3 weeks ago.

I checked my recording settings against the documentation and it appears to be correct. Wanted to check if I am missing something. I do not want to record constantly, only require recordings of actual events.

Hereā€™s a cutdown version of my config ( sample contains one camera config, I have a total of 5 cameras).

Thanks.

detectors:
  cpu1:
    type: cpu
  cpu2:
    type: cpu

mqtt:
  host: 192.168.1.XX
  user: mqtt
  password: XX
cameras:
  front_left:
    ffmpeg:
      inputs:
        - path: 'rtsp://XXX/Streaming/Channels/202'
          roles:
            - detect
            - record
            #- rtmp
    motion:
      mask:
    zones:
      driveway:
        coordinates: 704,151,704,576,121,576,100,282
    # record:
    #   enabled: true
    #   retain_days: 0
    #   events:
    #     retain:
    #       default: 5
    snapshots:
      enabled: true
    detect:
      height: 576
      width: 704
      fps: 6
      max_disappeared: 10
    objects:
      track:
        - person
        - cat
        - dog
        - bicycle
        - truck
        - car

record:
  retain_days: 0
  events:
    retain:
      default: 5
detect:
  enabled: True
snapshots:
  enabled: True
  retain:
    default: 5
    objects:
      person: 10
rtmp:
  # Optional: Enable the RTMP stream (default: True)
  enabled: False
logger:
  logs:
    frigate.mqtt: debug
    frigate.edgetpu: info

Hi, Iā€™m new to both Frigate, ffmpeg and cameras in general so excuse me if my question is obvious but I did try and look for an answer.

Got the new reolink duo which is essentialy two cameras in one for a very wide fov.
The camera sends seperate streams for left and right essentialy making it two cameras.

Is it possible to join these in Frigate to be consumed as if they were one very wide stream?

It seems there is an option via ffmpeg to use ā€œ-filter_complex hstackā€ however I found no way to implement such a custom run in Frigate

Latest versions added detection for stationary objects that move int field and stop

You may also have more detections due to changes in detection method

Look at Releases documentation . You may need to adjust your settings

How can timestampt position be changed from upper left to bottom left for instance?
On screenshots it overlaps Frigateā€™s data about object accuracy & size, so itā€™s hard to understand the latter.

Has anyone run the Coral TPU (M.2 module via PCIe) as a remote service on a Linux box, separate from the HASS server (Iā€™m using a RPi4) that has the Frigate (full) add-on, rather than the Proxy?

Failing being unable to do this, Iā€™m missing all the entities, re object detection, as Iā€™m using the Frigate NVR Proxy, so Iā€™ll be trying to emulate them via MQTT templates. Anyone had perfect success doing this?

The integration already works with frigate installed somewhere else. As long as the machines can talk to each other, the integration pulls in all the entities, the media browser, and everything else works. Then you use the proxy addon to get frigate in the sidebar if you want it.

1 Like

I want to prevent false triggering of stationary car as described here

I have created zones ā€œfront_leftā€ and ā€œfront_rightā€ and configured it so a car is only detected on ā€œfront_leftā€, not where it is parked in ā€œfront_rightā€.
Within Frigate this seems to work, the events on the Events page match my expectation.

But in MTTQ I still get events detecting the car (see below), but the current_zones / entered_zones fields are empty. Is this expected?

I was expecting the MTTQ events to be filtered as happened within Events page of the GUI.
But maybe I am just tagging the MTTQ with more information and need to filter within the automation.

Message 64 received on frigate/events at 8:49 PM:
{
    "before": {
        "id": "1640292266.297389-0c4kuq",
        "camera": "front",
        "frame_time": 1640292566.067987,
        "snapshot_time": 1640292566.067987,
        "label": "car",
        "top_score": 0.75,
        "false_positive": false,
        "start_time": 1640292266.297389,
        "end_time": null,
        "score": 0.67578125,
        "box": [
        ],
        "area": 366610,
        "region": [
        ],
        "current_zones": [],
        "entered_zones": [],
        "has_clip": false,
        "has_snapshot": false
    },
    "after": {
        "id": "1640292266.297389-0c4kuq",
        "camera": "front",
        "frame_time": 1640292571.0871,
        "snapshot_time": 1640292567.097635,
        "label": "car",
        "top_score": 0.75,
        "false_positive": false,
        "start_time": 1640292266.297389,
        "end_time": null,
        "score": 0.74609375,
        "box": [
        ],
        "area": 321473,
        "region": [
        ],
        "current_zones": [],
        "entered_zones": [],
        "has_clip": false,
        "has_snapshot": false
    },
    "type": "update"
}

I have got the Frigate up and running for a while and it is working really great on my PC and mobile Galaxy S10!
However i recently added a Galaxy A7 Tab to my home setup following the excellent Building my PERFECT Smart Home Control Panel! - YouTube and Fully Kiosk Browser and Home Assistant - YouTube
I.e. running Fully Kiosk
Everything works greatā€¦exempt the Frigate that do not want to show the camera feed on the Galaxy A7 Tab via the custom:frigate-cardā€¦
The exact same controlpanel shows the camera feed just fine on the PC and mobile Galaxy S10.
Anyone know what the issue could be?

1 Like

I seem to be having some trouble updating the frigate integration from HACS. Iā€™m seeing v2.2 on the Git repo, but HACS is only showing v2.1 for me and no updates are available. How do I update my integration?

Sorry, Iā€™m a newbie in HA. I really love Frigate Add-on and everything was working fine till I updated HA to 2021.12. I canā€™t figure out how to update Frigate to V2.2.0, I installed Frigate as integration by adding a repository from add-on store. Now Iā€™m stuck here and had to downgrade HA to 2021.11.4. Please give some clear lead on how to proceed. Thank you in advance

Hi rancho, what have you changed in the config to make Frigate works again?

[wyze v3 ] I went back from RTSP to FiveLeavesLeft/WyzeCameraLiveStream as well. in my opinion for Frigate this hack works the best. Have been using it almost a year w/o missing a beat.

here is how to go back: guide

Bump. Iā€™ve the same problem - but all my cameras being exported by Frigate via RTMP are not visible as entities. Check to see in your Entities list if your camera(s) are listed.

@blakeblackshear Blake, thanks for the reply. And what a wonderful job you have done in creating and maintaining Friday - its brilliant!

Unfortunately the integration on my system is not pulling in all the entities - it is not pulling in any of them, none of my cameras have entities in HA. Iā€™ve opened an issue with details - No camera or frigate entities created by the Frigate NVR Proxy addon - so no cameras, etc Ā· Issue #61 Ā· blakeblackshear/frigate-hass-addons Ā· GitHub

Am going to try installing previous versions of the Frigate NVR Proxy addon to see if one will work.

1 Like