Local realtime person detection for RTSP cameras

what’s the camera configs

the usb has to be mounted as a volume, I used a modded compose of this build and it works sweet, hoping this will be added to official builds

Hello,

i have problem frigate when i install and i connect the camera it work fine but when i add two camera it show green sold for both ?
like this:

first camera is:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B094Y2F4GT/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

secound camera is:

can you help me ?

thank you

Will need to see your config. Normaly an issue with resolution H and W

Open the feeds in VLC player to check stream specs.

Anyone running on Synology use hardware acceleration? What is the benefit?

Ds220+ With j4025 intel. Running in docker

I’m using coral usb and seems to be running well.

Is hardware acceleration possible or a benefit?

Hello,
i check stream specs fist camera is 1280x960
secound camera is 1920x1080
i change them but still green sold ?

Are they both H264 streams

one yes and the another one no see:
camera1
camera2

Is it the bottom feed that causes the issue?

Try w 1920 h 1088

** ahh it’s MJPEG feed. That’s the issue I think, need to search for args to make it compatible?

what yo mean by args to make it compatible ?

I try w 1920 h 1088 but not working

1 Like

thank you
it work with me now
for first camera i add this

input_args: -avoid_negative_ts make_zero -fflags nobuffer -flags low_delay -strict experimental -fflags +genpts+discardcorrupt -use_wallclock_as_timestamps 1

done

for secound camera i add
for MJPEG feed camera i add this

input_args: -avoid_negative_ts make_zero -fflags nobuffer -flags low_delay -strict experimental -fflags +genpts+discardcorrupt -use_wallclock_as_timestamps 1
      output_args:
        record: -f segment -segment_time 10 -segment_format mp4 -reset_timestamps 1 -strftime 1 -c:v libx264 -an
        rtmp: -c:v libx264 -an -f flv

and in role i add -rtmp

work for me

thank you very much

I’ve disable RTMP now and things are better. I’m thinking it might be time to upgrade cameras - the Hikvision ones have now are 4k, but they only have one substream (a 480p one), which is spotty with detection in certain scenarios. Need to do some digging to find some good camera options with a third (720/1080p) stream.

Look at Amcrest. Cheap cameras and low light is amazing. Just turn off led at night and turn on Color at night, basically 24/7 daytime. I look at my cameras at night and honestly it look like just before sundown. This is in country with no street lights and closest light (bulb on house nothing huge) 400’ away. Moon is enough.

Hi folks…
Came up with an idea…
I want to count number or persons passing by in a zone.
How would you make an automation to create a counter/sensor that counts number of passing peoples in a zone?

The zone I want to count is named: street_area and i’ve set up an counter witch increments every time a MQTT (frigate/street_area/person) is triggerd. But there seems that this is triggerd every time Frigate finds a new person. I’ve seen in the MQTT message that there is an person counter. image
This would be great to use if I just can use this as an increment value to add to the counter…
I’m new to this counter and helper stuff… :slight_smile:

How would you do?

//Minglarn…

Hello,

I tried searching for this with no results, apologies if it has been asked before. How could I monitor the Frigate log and get notified in the event of an error? Couple times, Frigate has stopped working and the only solution was to restart the addon. I’m perfectly fine with this, but I’d like to know when it happens as soon as possible so I can manually restart it.

Thanks in advance.

Holy crap. Recently moved from an older xeon server to a Chromebox flashed with homeassistant OS.

Kept my original config for the first month or so. Noticed the CPU usage was quite high.

It’s an older 4th gen i3 4010u but I knew it had quicksync so looked at the hardware acceleration options and turned them on.

I’ve got from 80%+ CPU usage to 18% for my whole homeassistant setup.

Just one camera in frigate but very happy to see that change. Thank you.

I’m using the MSI Cubi N 8GL-001BEU Celeron N4000 myself but it’s EOL now and hard to find. It was a steal around £109 when I got it. You will need RAM and a SSD on top of that though. They have a newer version the MSI Cubi N JSL-001BEU - Pentium Silver N6000, slightly better spec but more expensive too. The cubi N’s have plenty of options with a SATA 2.5" bay and a m.2 2280 key slot. The one I have also has a m.2 2230 Key E slot for the onboard WiFi which I used with the Coral 2230 PCB. WiFi isn’t a great idea with a DVR anyway! Finding systems which support the smaller 2230 slots can be tricky, try find images of the boards themselves and if it has a card slot for the WiFi it tends to be m.2 these days.

Alternatives that are in RPi price territory are thin on the ground, if anyone knows of any, let me know! I just found this MSI PRO DP20Z 5M-001BEU AMD Barebone Mini PC which uses AMD Ryzen and has 2 X m.2 slots but the CPU isn’t included which makes it more expensive.

I’ve been meaning to try the JK01 Windows 10 Mini PC Intel N5095 from AliExpress as well as it’s fairly cheap and a good CPU.

Is it possible to train frigate to notice frequent vehicle types?
for example a mail carrier… since the truck is always the same (at least in my area)