Local realtime person detection for RTSP cameras

I am using frigate now for month and i have to say… it is just awesome BUT it fills my drive on my ha machine (HASSOS) ver fast. Would be neat havin a backup function for the (media/ folder to move files after x days to another network (NAS) drive any ideas how to archieve that ?

Is there a way to increase the font size on the bounding box text in debug mode? I am unable to read the text its very small.

Create an automation in Homeassistant

Use command line switch and have it rsync movie to movie_archive

I think you can use retention in frigate to delete them. No real need to make something for that

Will have a look a rysync I have not that much space on my sdd also I need to change the retention of keeping local backups as each Backup has 10gig

For those who want to use Wyze V3 camera on Frigate. If you experience issues and instability using Wyze`s original RTSP Firmware or your Bridge docker does not work correctly. This guide is for you. Setting up HTTP stream hack on Wyze V3 will help you use this camera with Frigate without any issues, securing smooth and continuous stream between the cam and Frigate using your Wifi.

Guide in Word

Since updating to the latest version of Frigate i’m getting problems with the Birdseye view.

I have Birdseye set to detect objects and when an object is detected it wakes up a tablet to show the birdseye view. This was working great until the latest update but now I have cameras popping up in Birdseye randomly even when no objects are being detected.
Anyone else?

binary sensors and switches are broken in 22.3.0 and higher, caused by upstream change in HA. Entities will become unavailable as a result. there is a fix to frigate integration, update via HACS or whatever method you use HA 2022.3.0.dev20220203 breaks the integration's sensors and switches · Issue #212 · blakeblackshear/frigate-hass-integration · GitHub

Posting here as it took me a while to figure out what was wrong, hopefully this will save some time for others

1 Like

I’ve been hesitating to post this because maybe the dust is still in the air from UniFi forcing RTSPS, but are we waiting on WebRTC proper to support RTSPS for the Frigate card to support it? I assume that’s the answer, I just wanted to ask incase anybody knew of another way to get it going until that’s pushed out.

At least for now UniFi have only hidden RTSP not removed it. As such you can still use it with Frigate and WebRTC. Just modify the url provided by Unfi. You need to chance rtsps to rtsp and port from 7441 to 7447.

eg: rtsp://1.1.1.1:7447/r1Fil4PuD5xYntVv

Ok I forgot about low latency HLS. Trying that out first. See how the delay is.

So I use the blueprint for my regular notifications which works great but I also have a “dumb” automation for a chime when a person is detected… which worked fine until the addition of “in-progress” detections…
Any chance anyone knows how to make this only trigger on “person” detections initially and not “in-progress” detections? (bad weather sometimes seem to randomly cause certain items in my yard or in distance to continuously be detected as person after a person has passed that area. I tried playing with thresholds and contours but it ended up missing detections that it normally always got)
It currently just uses this:

trigger:
    platform: mqtt
    topic: frigate/events

Which as I said worked great until the “in-progress” thing was added… I know the new blueprint accounts for that but I feel like the blueprint is overkill for dinging a chime…

Thanks. Can you please be more specific about how to fix this? I am on the latest versions of both Frigate and MQTT. Do I need to remove and reinstall either or both?

I’m having the same issue, and I suspect many more people do since I’ve copied my automation directly from the example at Home Assistant notifications | Frigate.
In other words, this is the trigger:

trigger:
        platform: mqtt
        topic: frigate/events

This has worked great up till the recent “in-progress” thing, which makes the above trigger go into an infinite loop sending the same event (and the same image) over and over and over again. I’ve tried to identify something in the event (payload_json) that could be used as a condition for the trigger but I haven’t found anything obivious.

According to docs

Message published for each changed event. The first message is published when the tracked object is no longer marked as a false_positive. When frigate finds a better snapshot of the tracked object or when a zone change occurs, it will publish a message with the same id. When the event ends, a final message is published with end_time set.

I expect in progress uses same ID. Can’t you make condition that excludes duplicate id being sent? Maybe outbid into sensor and block duplicate. I haven’t checked recent messages but is in-progress indicated in some method also?

I also have this issue, did you figure out how to solve it?

I have this problem as well. Did you find an answer how to fix it?

No, but it seems that everything is working fine the whole time.

Yeah, its working fine for me to. Its just that i have inference speed at 20. And its supposed to be able to do 10 inference speed. So i was thinking that installing the drivers could solve that as well, but not sure at all.

Hi, looking for some help here. I have frigate setup as part of testing out HA. So far, it seems an excellent piece of work. Currently I am using CPU for image analysis, I have a Coral on order but apparently it won’t be here until 2023!

I had 3 cameras setup, all working well in Frigate. I added the HA Frigate integration, again all working well.

I’ve added a further 2 cameras, all working well in Frigate, but since doing this, although they show up in HA, none of the streams including the original 3 will work. I may of course messed something up as part of making the change…

The error in the HA logs is…

Logger: homeassistant.components.stream.stream.camera.front_door_internal
Source: components/stream/__init__.py:340 
Integration: Stream (documentation, issues) 
First occurred: 22:20:13 (5 occurrences) 
Last logged: 22:26:33

Error from stream worker: Error opening stream (ERRORTYPE_111, Connection refused) rtmp://192.168.4.190/live/Front-Door-Internal

Any thoughts?

Well since it is saying connection refused I would check that you have the correct URL and also the correct username and password.
Can you use this URL to access the stream from that camera with other software like VLC or similar?