Local realtime person detection for RTSP cameras

Yes it does. Same way the proxy add-on does.

@SgtBatten OMG, THANK YOU!!! I was totally blind :frowning: it is soooo easy

1 Like

Does anyone know why I canā€™t download clips or snapshots from Frigate in the iOS companion app but I can with Safari?

Does anyone know about using different models? Iā€™m pretty happy with the default Frigate models but thereā€™s two different things Iā€™d like to do:

1. add a ā€œchickenā€ model as currently Frigate canā€™t reliably detect them. I was hoping to be able to use Frigate+ to train images of my actual chickens, not sure when that is going to be available though. I see the Coral sample models include a ā€œhenā€ object which I assume would work okā€¦ is there anyway to extract this and add it to the Frigate models? I assume Frigate uses a sub-set of the Coral example models, no idea if itā€™s possible to create my own sub-set that includes ā€œhenā€ though? I assume I could just use the entire Coral model set, itā€™s over 1000 objects though the vast majority of which I wonā€™t need, are there any performance implications of doing this?

2. Iā€™d love to be able to classify the bird species that visit my bird tableā€¦ although the Coral example models include many bird species, I see thereā€™s a separate ā€œbirdā€ model with 900 bird species. Is it possible to hload 2 different models into Frigate? I would probably only want to run the bird model against a single camera. Would it be worth running a 2nd instance of Frigate just to handle bird classification? Is that even possible? Have a reasonable system & multiple Corals available. Any other ideas appreciated!
    EDIT: could use DOODS I guess for the bird classification with a separate model, would be good to be able to use Frigateā€™s events though to avoid counting a bird more than once!

Hi folks,

I read this on dockerhub

# NOTICE: This repository will no longer being updated beginning with version 0.12.0.

Latest images can be found on ghcr instead: https://github.com/blakeblackshear/frigate/pkgs/container/frigate

how I should replace my docker-compose.yml file to consume it?

image: blakeblackshear/frigate:stable-aarch64`

version: '3.9'

services:
   frigate_camera:
    privileged: true
    container_name: frigate_camera_tpu
    restart: unless-stopped
    image: blakeblackshear/frigate:stable-aarch64

I donā€™t use docker-compose.yaml but itā€™s probably just adding the ghcr.io

this is what I use

-d ghcr.io/blakeblackshear/frigate:0.12.0-beta7

1 Like

Iā€™m unable to start the Frigate Proxy add-on within HA
Frigate is running OK in docker on another system
this is what the log says:
(the server address is definitely correct as when I go to that address get the Frigate page & can see camera stream etc)
Any ideas?

EDIT: never mind, had problems with other (although not all!) add-ons too, reboot of host (rather than just HA restart) sorted it, will leave this post up in case anyone else has the same issue!

you are on an old version of frigate. For now (to stay on stable) you should be using blakeblackshear/frigate:stable-aarch64 and once 0.12 goes stable you can use ghcr.io/blakeblackshear/frigate:stable or as another user said if you want to get onto the beta you can use ghcr.io/blakeblackshear/frigate:0.12.0-beta8 right now

2 Likes

Hey guyz,
Please somebody help/explain.
I have HAOS on Proxmox with TPU coral and GPU nvidia pasthrough. Coral is working perfectly but gpu for decoding is not working, its always errors like:

[2023-02-19 23:06:22] frigate.video                  ERROR   : CAM6: Unable to read frames from ffmpeg process.
[2023-02-19 23:06:22] frigate.video                  ERROR   : CAM6: ffmpeg process is not running. exiting capture 
  hwaccel_args:
    - -hwaccel
    - qsv
    - -qsv_device
    - /dev/dri/renderD128
  input_args: -avoid_negative_ts make_zero -fflags +genpts+discardcorrupt -rtsp_transport tcp -timeout 5000000 -use_wallclock_as_timestamps 1#  output_args:
    detect: -f rawvideo -pix_fmt yuv420p

I donā€™t know how to let it accelerate, i think i tryed everything. I canā€™t use CPU gpu as itā€™s a Xeon server with ILO :frowning:
Protection mode is off (addon version with full access)
Please advise

if your CPU doesnā€™t support it, then qsv isnā€™t going to workā€¦ youā€™ll need to check if your cpu has support for VAAPI

1 Like

If you have an nvidia GPU then qsv is incorrect as that is for intel. Also, nvidia is not supported in the addons

1 Like

:confounded: MNOOOOOOOO :cry:

So i need to make a container for frigate,seperate from home assitant?

If you want to use an nvidia GPU, yes

1 Like

It seems itā€™s configured ok for my Coral but maybe not using it?

What do you think?

Inference time is 6.87ms means it is being seen and used. Whats the issue you having?

Ah ok. I assume itā€™s only used for detection, not processing of the stream so my normal CPU is still being used quite a bit?

Youā€™re using your CPU for stream decoding which will use a lot. If you have an integrated GPU should use that.

Yes

TPU is only used for detection. All other tasks are CPU.

GPU can be used in detection but not needed if you have TPU. Not certain how GPU is handled for other tasks. I would presume it gets used as needed and will reduce cou load. You will need to add it to docker container so the container knows its available for use.

Friends, please tell me where I made a mistake? Does not delete the video after 2 days.

`
camera_4: # <------ Name the camera

mqtt:
  crop: True
  height: 500
rtmp:
  enabled: false
ffmpeg:
  inputs:
    - path: rtsp://admin:[email protected]:554/2 # <----- Update for your camera
      roles:
        - detect
        - record
        - clips
detect:
  width: 1280 # <---- update for your camera's resolution
  height: 720 # <---- update for your camera's resolution
  fps: 14
objects:
  track:
    - person
    - car