frigate | Detection appears to have stopped. Restarting detection process
frigate | Starting detection process: 47
frigate | Starting detection process: 51
frigate | Starting detection process: 58
frigate | Starting detection process: 62

When using without my coral these messages are not there.

Is there something wrong?

Do you see any other log messages? I have seen issues when the motherboard canā€™t provide consistent enough power.

I tried switch USB ports but still receiving the same message.

These are the only messages appearing in the logs.

I thought the constant trouble Iā€™ve been having was due to the Wyze camera.
I picked up a Eufy Indoor 2k camera. Unfortunately, the RTSP feed is only 1080p.
Hereā€™s a video from my Eufy camera. The quality looks worse than the Wyze and you can see the constant detection.

Has anyone had decent luck with Wyze cameras or cheap RTSP cameras?

Are you saying the constant detection is a problem? That is expected behavior.

Did you check dmesg? That might show some hardware problem.

I also notice that at night itā€™s hard to trigger the motion detection. Once triggered it tracks the objects fine. Some cameras are more or less noisy than others under night vision. I notice this problem with one of my less noisy cameras. Maybe have an adjustable sensitivity per camera?

Check out the edges. Iā€™m not sure but I think itā€™s called artifacts? Itā€™s not smooth so it seems to get detected as a new image.
It was pretty bad with the Wyze camera as well.

You mean the jagged edges on the columns? The debug feed is encoded with the lowest quality jpeg conversion to minimize CPU usage. Frigate sees the same quality you would see using VLC. If you append ?h=1080 to your preview endpoint, you will get the least artifacts from the jpeg conversion if it is a 1080p stream. What do you mean detected as a new image? Frigate is going to look for that car in every frame until it disappears. It looks anywhere there is motion AND anywhere a tracked object was in previous frames.

Man, have you seen something like this? If not, then you have no idea about artefacts :rofl: And this is not a RTSP stream issue, frigate sometimes/often somehow corrupts the image (OR itā€™s single image RTSP corruption which is picked up by frigate, donā€™t know, never seen this in stream itself)

Yes, I often see this happening for short time. The camera feed and recording doesnā€™t show any issue when Frigate generates this type of result.frigate

1 Like

from what Iā€™ve been reading, RTSP is limited to 1080.
Does frigate support ONVIF?

I am using a RTSP 3840x2160 4k camera with frigate. Itā€™s whatever ffmpeg supports, which is a lot of different cameras.

coolā€¦ i guess I got bad info.
Which camera are you using?
Iā€™m looking for a Wifi camera capable of RTSP.

Except for the low quality RTSP feed, the Eufy is nice. Great control of finding recorded video. Decent app, etcā€¦ this is compared to my Wyze cameras.

@blakeblackshear I am trying the 0.6.0-rc1 and having issue with the clips. I am using RTSP stream from Reolink cameras

* Debug mode: off

[mov,mp4,m4a,3gp,3g2,mj2 @ 0x559c6d68d4c0] moov atom not found

/cache/back-20200821210423.mp4: Invalid data found when processing input

bad file: back-20200821210423.mp4

bad file: garage-20200821210335.mp4

[mov,mp4,m4a,3gp,3g2,mj2 @ 0x5585a6bb34c0] moov atom not found

/cache/garage-20200821210335.mp4: Invalid data found when processing input

There are lots of reasons that could happen. Please open an issue with Github using the bug report template: https://github.com/blakeblackshear/frigate/issues/new/choose

Hello,
I just bought a Google Coral and connected it to my DS218+ , looks like itā€™s detected in /debug/stats
But i have 90% CPU usage even with the google coral.
Does somebody know why ?

Thanks.

It looks like this is due to showing lower fps than cameraā€™s feed. Following fix seems to resolve this issue also. My camera feed is 7fps and whenever I see this issue, the frigate camera fps shows 2-4 fps

@blakeblackshear Super excited about the frigate-nvr project! Seems like there is quite a bit of demand for this use case!

Me too! Iā€™m currently using a combination of Zoneminder (which doesnā€™t cope well with multiple high resolution cameras) and Synology, held together with bits of string and wishful thinking :slight_smile:

It would be great to get a better solution that integrates natively with HA. I found this thread today and Iā€™ve already ordered the Coral accelerator to start playing with it!