Local TTS options inside Docker

Hi nice work, but it seems your link has been removed, could you please add them back? thank you.

The developer is completely ignoring the request despite that it’s just matter of adding one line to the dockerfile.

At this point I am not sure what to do.

I filed an issue at github and not getting anywhere.

And apparently I can’t really simply check out the docker file and add it myself neither.

So, I am kind of stuck. If any of you knows how to get attention to the developers, let me know.

If any of you knows what are proper ways to file feature enhancement to developers, please let me know. I run out of ideas.

Filing an isue on Github is the proper way to handle this. However, if the dev doesn’t want to do it, you’re out of luck. Either make a PR and see if this gets accepted or fork it and fix and maintain it yourself.

While I filed feature enhancement request at the forum here, I also filed a “bug” or feature enhancement at github.

https://github.com/home-assistant/docker/issues/114

What is PR? I want to see if I can somehow create one and ask the developer to merge it. But in order to google how to do this, I need to know what is PR stands for :smiley:

PR = pull request
You said it’s only one line that needs to be changed in the dockerfile, so do the change and make a pull request, so that it gets merged into the master branch. Here’s some info on how to do a PR.

1 Like

I did a pull request… my first pull request ever!

It turned out to be a lot more complicated than just a single line.

The main issue is that picotts library in the alpine repo was compiled against a newer version of libc library. The maintainer said that this would break the image (even though I’ve used it without problem myself. then again, my scope of use is rather limited).

The best course of action is actually compile picotts library from source using the stable version of libc library (musl).

I don’t know how to do that… not in alpine, nor do I really know how to spell the procedures in the Dockerfile. It’s not hard per se, it is just that I need to experiment them by trial and error. It will take a lot of time, as I am not a developer myself.

Assuming picotts can easily compiled against a stable version of musl, it would take an experience guy less than 20 minutes to incorporate the change. If any of you can do this, please do that.

I will poke around with it in the mean time. Don’t hold your breath for it.

4 Likes