Local Tuya - Control Tuya devices locally (Fork from localtuya)

Issue on migration from rospogrigio/localtuya to this one on HA 2023.7 by deleting and ignore, this integration does not load. Is it because i have kept the devices from the previous integration or need a recent HA version ?

I can’t upgrade HA to the last as it is running on a Synology DS920+ as a package from SynoCommunity, this is their last compiled version.
Thanks for help.
jojo01fr

Depends on the error showing in HA Logs

Thank you very much, now it works for me too.
The addition of the recall was also very helpful

1 Like

Could I get a more detailed description?

Thx

i couldn’t have it working without the gateway, so i purchased it as tuya thermometers and gateway are really cheap… now it is/seems working fine

Hi. I use rospogrigio/localtuya, I dont understand what I need to do for move to your localtuya? Can you help me?

Thank you so much for this fork, I followed the steps provided here to hot-swap the old integration with this new fork, and it worked flawlessly - all entities and devices switched over to the new integration and working exactly as before. I’d set aside a whole day to mess about with it based on past experiences configuring Tuya devices, but now I can take my dogs for a walk instead. Legend! :slight_smile:

“Hello, I would like to ask if the Sensor can support base64 data.”

@umu_ugg super cool integration. Thanks a million!

There are many “passive” devices out there, like window/door sensors, which don’t have a constant connection to the router.
How are they added to Local Tuya? And how does Local Tuya receive the status data from them?

Low Power Devices

1 Like

Hello there! First of all, thank you for the amazing work! I really appreciate using my IoT devices locally and not depending from the cloud.

I’ve a doubt about encrypted values. I’m using a circuit break that reads voltage, consumption, forward and reverse energy and some values looks encrypted, is there any way to use those values with localtuya? If not, it is okay to use both tuya cloud and localtuya on HA to get those values?

This has kinda been discussed, There’s a workaround can be done by you GitHub comment

1 Like

It doesn’t work for me, when I put the device’s IP it tells me it can’t connect! I tried several and the same thing happens to me! (and they are working)

I’ve seen this behavior here as well. I just removed the device from the tuya app and added it again and it worked on localtuya.

This is awesome, thank you - I also switched over from the upstream dev’s version and am much happier with this version. The other one would cause endless disconnects and force reboots.

Legend!

Hi @umu_ugg thanks for this great fork. I would like to use this to control Heatpump Airconditioners and so far I have managed to do a learn and send using a standard type tuya IR blaster. This works fine using the Remote learn and send options.

However we use a lot of the following Moes Heatpump Touchscreen devices and they don’t seem to learn the commands or if I copy the commands from the standard remote I also can’t get them to send.

Would you have any idea how to troubleshoot this?
Moes Smart IR Thermostat
Model: S16 Pro

Hi, can I use this integration side by side with “original” Tuya integration ?

There is no support for IR yet. :confused:

note sure what the issue it maybe if you enabled the debug for both “device and integration” we may know what happens

Yes

1 Like

First of all, congratulations for this great work.
I don’t know if already a place to share templates, but I spent a lot of time configuring some specific devices as best as possible and wanted to share it for others to use:

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/fvj3uo2bhjcmrg5uf7f2k/AJkGjguPf6E_DgbZhTZ0gqw?rlkey=45fq6kb9j6vqhr6cfoaxpcko0&st=eds6jnru&dl=0

Here is the device list:

Aubess Smart Switch/EM Wifi Socket
Avatto Wall Socket with USBTypeC
Cloudraker ZG-204L PIR sensor
Emteco Wifi blind motor
Generic RTCZ01 Human presence sensor 5.8G
Lock Intelbras IFR7001
Loginovo Human presence sensor 5.8G
RightSitu S18 IR WiFi control
Weten PCIe RF Computer switch
Zigbee Luminance Motion sensor
Zemismart Metering 3PN Zigbee
Zemismart ZM25RW01 Blind motor
Generic Zigbee Luminance Motion sensor

Simple download the template, and put in:

config\custom_components\localtuya\templates

And configure new device from a template

Does this integration support Smart Drawer Lock through BLE Gateway devices ?
I see the device available through Tuya BLE Gateway but there is no entity available in it