Local Tuya , "Platform vs DP_ID" , What to choose and how to know

I Just got 2 , Nedis WIFIPO120FWT plug with power-consupmtion, they have 14 different DP’'s … how do i know which is what, i did get a “spec” out of iot.tuya.com, but doesnt tell everything, it only specifies 8 out of 14 … but my problem is more what kind of “Platform” i should choose for the different ID’s, i know initially “Switch” next ID is countdown_1 ( i asume switch ?) , next 4 ID’s are most likely sensors (power, voltage, cur_current, add_ele) then i have ( cycle_time and random_time ), what “platform” to choose here ? , number, switch, select ? … and then i have the rest, howto know what they are good for ?

“product_name”: “Outdoor Smart Plug”,
“status”: [
“status”: [
“code”: “switch_1”,
“dp_id”: 1,
“type”: “Boolean”,
“values”: “{}”

"code": "countdown_1",
"dp_id": 9,
"type": "Integer",
"values": "{\"unit\":\"s\",\"min\":0,\"max\":86400,\"scale\":0,\"step\":1}"

"code": "add_ele",
"dp_id": 17,
"values": "{\"unit\":\"kwh\",\"min\":0,\"max\":50000,\"scale\":3,\"step\":100}"

"code": "cur_current",
"dp_id": 18,
"values": "{\"unit\":\"mA\",\"min\":0,\"max\":30000,\"scale\":0,\"step\":1}"

"code": "cur_power",
"dp_id": 19,
"values": "{\"unit\":\"W\",\"min\":0,\"max\":50000,\"scale\":1,\"step\":1}"

"code": "cur_voltage",
"dp_id": 20,
"values": "{\"unit\":\"V\",\"min\":0,\"max\":5000,\"scale\":1,\"step\":1}"

"code": "cycle_time",
"dp_id": 41,
"type": "String",
"values": "{}"

"code": "random_time",
"dp_id": 42,
"type": "String",
"values": "{}"

Beside above i have
“dp_id”: 21 , 22 , 23 , 24 , 25 , 26 , which i dont know what is good for

would appreciate help understanding which "Platform " to choose above

solved: Buttomline is, only ID 1, ID 18, ID 19, ID 20, and maybe ( ID 17, add_ele ) is worth to “mention” , as functions like countdown, time-scedule etc, might be better to do in HA-Automation, and not direct on a device( unless one have a specific reason to do so. It’s possible to get a “full” Function Definition spec doc, from your devices on iot.tuya, thou probably cording to Tuya’s “definitions” for Tuya-devices, might not be exactly the same for exx. Nedis and other devices linked to Tuya.
I ended up with the 4 entities above, as i dont really need the others … less entities= less mess= less power-usage.
But it was a little tricky to get the sensors value in correct format, not to mention getting them correct/ into cool InFlux/Grafana graphs.

Out of interest how did you get the ‘spec’ out of Tuya?

Sorry for the late “answer” , but i really can’t remember, i use to click “frenetic” around at all available/interesting links/Menus , when i entering a site, and suddenly i found this “generic” Spec. if you mean a specific for your device, i recommend same(above) approach … thou i will try to remember to look into it, next time im there, if you mean for your specific Device (spec), it’s somewhere in the button of their left Menu ( if they havent changed it since last time i was there :slight_smile:

I believe you can get it via Api Explorer for IoT Core in Smart Home Device System > Device Control > Get Device Specification Attribute.

Somewhere around here in tuya iot