Log monthly and daily readings from Aeon Home Energy Meter

Yes. And the daily and monthly totals are published by the automations.

I will give it a try :slight_smile: It’s a bit difficult to map the sensors in mind, cause my spanish is not so good :wink:

It’s Portuguese…

I am also a little bit confused here. Why would you need the frequency?

And I am also facing the same issue as @anon35356645 that I have the W reading every XX seconds an cannot find a way to turn it into an hourly reading. Do you have to use the statistics sensor for that and put that value into a kwh sensor every hour?

It was used to make some other calculations but indont use it anymore.

Try reading the W value every hour an make the calculations

That’s not going to work. Just assume I use my water cooker for 20 minutes during the hour. During that time the watts are 2000 and if I read the watt value at the whole hour (assuming my water cooker is done) it will read 0 wards -> 0 kwh…

1 Like

Yes exactly, it needs to be done a calculation for each time frame xx seconds (with xx not too big) per each W reading, and get the overall hourly, daily, etc energy consumption.

But I don’t know how to do that in home assistant

@fversteegen, @anon35356645 why don’t you create a template sensor to convert W to Wh or KWh using the time since last change?

Could you help me out a bit on that? Am not so familiar in using the tempalte sensor…

Anyone? Am still struggling on getting this to work…

@fversteegen
Why don’t you use @dgomes component called Utility Meter?

You can log hourly, daily, weekly, monthly and/or yearly.

I am using it now :slight_smile: it does exactly what I want (though there is a challenge with 1 of the sensors not resetting itself monthly)

1 Like

Can you share your query for those 2 graphs?

Why does the aeotec meter show three sensors per value?

eg:

• sensor.simple_meter_instance_1_electric_kwh
  • sensor.simple_meter_instance_2_electric_kwh
  • sensor.simple_meter_instance_3_electric_kwh

One is clamp 1, one is clamp 2, the 3rd is both clamps combined.

1 Like

Rad, thank you!