Logic Group ZDB5100 Matrix Switch

Yes i have the device my self and it works on my site. It is working great with my implementation. That PR Will include that device.

This could be nice yes but that is an internally developed software from Logic Group i believe which could be nice for Home Assistant yes but i doubt that its straight forward.

I was trying to set some configuration parameters for my ZDB5100 - but I see that the #14 is not included in the imported device config?

Do you know why?

If you look in the OpenZwaveDB, the configuration parameter is defined and described.

All this should be resolved when the PR is approved. i think its a mistake when it was imported :slight_smile:

1 Like

The PR has just been approved and merged just waiting for release of the new update for it to be part of the project of zwavejs. Which means the devices should be updated for the configurations.
ZDB5100 now has the missing parameters and ZBA7140 is now added to the list and a few others has been updated for consistency.

WRT the integration of the matrix is still being worked on and there is an issue on it for the core of HA.
the Issue is located here:

for changing the colors for now you can use the advanced method for details see the issue.
the quick call service:

service: zwave_js.set_value
data:
  command_class: '51'
  endpoint: '1'
  property: hexColor
  value: '343434'
target:
  device_id: 94c4de13ffdde4d4335b2c3fcc2a4d4e
2 Likes

Thanks for taking care of this!
A better integration with HA is welcome (even do it was not a show stopper for me as I’m managing the switch through node red / mqtt), but more important (for me) is the current limitation of the command class which only accept RGB (and not WRGB).
:+1:

Yeah i understand that but i guess that would be part of being able to just integrate the device in some way other than what we have today.

You’re welcome, i will see if i can update the new devices that pops up from Logic Group in the future so we have the latest device database of the devices when they arrive.

If I understand the conversation correctly we will not see each led exposed in the light domain in HA? I really miss how it worked with the old z-wave integration and work around.

Correct. Please reply to the issue that this is something that bothers you. The more people that would like this the better.
I have a feeling i am the only one wanting this.

1 Like

I will cast a vote for sure. I have 20 something of these devices installed in my new home. Quite let down by the fact that I can no longer control the LEDs after the upgrade to Z-wave JS.

I guess I could change all my automations to use zwave_js.set_value but having each led as .light would make everything so much easier.

2 Likes

I have now cast a vote on this also. Hope it will help in the end.

1 Like

I have almost the same amount which does bother me its not more integrated. Although i Think we found another item for these devices that they are not registreres correctly in HA.
When you click a button does that change the value of the integrated enitity for you ?

Hi. I’m not sure that I follow. I only listen for zwave_js_value_notification and then do logic based on the value in node red.

{
    "event_type": "zwave_js_value_notification",
    "data": {
        "domain": "zwave_js",
        "node_id": 20,
        "home_id": 3756940774,
        "endpoint": 0,
        "device_id": "9979633cfa8654a6f654644b3f8ddb15",
        "command_class": 91,
        "command_class_name": "Central Scene",
        "label": "Scene 001",
        "property": "scene",
        "property_name": "scene",
        "property_key": "001",
        "property_key_name": "001",
        "value": "KeyPressed",
        "value_raw": 0
    },
    "origin": "LOCAL",
    "time_fired": "2021-05-31T08:47:19.570886+00:00",
    "context": {
        "id": "e368a97febe4c06063096faba3efe252",
        "parent_id": null,
        "user_id": null
    }
}

Right, you are just listening if a button is pressed.
The issue im facing is that the LED on the button i have set it to follow the buttons “on” or “off” state so its easier for persons to see if the device is active or not. You could argue that it doesnt matter since you can see the light on or off if its pressed. But i want this state available for me to do better automations.

See image for the entities that im talking about.

Has anyone succesfully included these devices with security S2? I can get to the point where it asks for the DSK pin (5 digits) and after entering these it just spins for a few minutes before settling on no security. The manual also states that another number has to be entered after the DSK pin, but no UI allows me to enter these numbers.

Upgrade your version of zwave-js (however you’re using it), this was fixed in v8.7.0.

1 Like

Looks like the issue has been closed without a solution. I wonder if it would be possible to have this handled by an add on instead? That sits between z-wave and HA. I know it would not be the right way to go about it but it seems like such a downgrade to no longer have the ability to control the leds. It was the main reason for choosing these for our home in the first place.

So regarding this im not sure how to proceed. The issue is that the device supports a function that is not part of the specifications of zwave.
This Will result in that it Will not get more support than this.

Right now im not using the blink function of the matrix but i would like to so i Will mess with it at some point.

But for the coloring i Think its fine now after some usage to not be able to have a light entity to change the color, but to use the integration to change the color when pressing a button or some other event is fine.

Havent used it yet , havent received new devices :confused:

In the last couple of days, my 5 Matrix devices start to be very slow. Especially when clicking multiple times.
Besides that, I can’t get the set_value of HexColor to control the lights to work.
Sorry, it was because the parameter 14 was set to 0 0 0

service: zwave_js.set_value
data:
  command_class: '51'
  endpoint: '4'
  value: '#00FF00'
  property: hexColor
target:
  entity_id:
    - switch.matrix_kontor

And the logs state the following has been updated, but nothing happens at the matrix.

2021-12-10 17:23:07.684 INFO ZWAVE: Node 20: value updated: 51-4-currentColor-2 0 => 0
2021-12-10 17:23:07.688 INFO ZWAVE: Node 20: value updated: 51-4-currentColor-3 255 => 255
2021-12-10 17:23:07.692 INFO ZWAVE: Node 20: value updated: 51-4-currentColor-4 0 => 0
2021-12-10 17:23:07.696 INFO ZWAVE: Node 20: value updated: 51-4-currentColor [object Object] => [object Object]
2021-12-10 17:23:07.700 INFO ZWAVE: Node 20: value updated: 51-4-targetColor [object Object] => [object Object]
2021-12-10 17:23:07.704 INFO ZWAVE: Node 20: value updated: 51-4-hexColor 00ff00 => 00ff00

The Enhanced LED Control is enabled.