Logically inverting state argument

Is it possible to invert or logically negate the state argument?
Suppose I have a sensor that has three (3) possible states. I want to create a history_stat sensor that reports the time for all states but “off.” The result would be for the other two possible states, i.e. NOT “off”. Can this be the history_stat state: argument NOT (“off”) or !(“off”)?
example:

- platform: history_stat
    name: state_test
    entity: sensor.history_test
    state: NOT("off") or !("off")
    type: time
    start: 
    end:

You can specify a list of all values you want the History Stats sensor to track.

Screenshot_20231119-184550~2

You can’t specify the states you do not want it to track.

Yes, i had tried that and it was not working. Because, despite how entities are written in either all lower case or mixed upper/lower, I have gotten into the habit of entering only lower case in code sections. The yaml interpreter throws up otherwise. This does not apply to entity states in the DB and I sometimes forgot that.
Correcting the state spelling to match exactly as to upper/lower case, fixed the list aspect of the state: entry.
Actually I was trying the other method only as a test which is no longer needed.
Thanks

You’re welcome!

Please consider marking my post above with the Solution tag. It will automatically place a check-mark next to the topic’s title which signals to other users that this topic has been resolved. This helps users find answers to similar questions.

For more information about the Solution tag, refer to guideline 21 in the FAQ.