London tube status component

Hi all, have created a component to display the current status of London Underground lines. Any feedback let me know. Plan is to move on to a UK transport component.

To do: add custom icon for each tube line.
Tube code on:

4 Likes

Very nice idea :wink: Do you mind if I fork your project to do similar with my town here ? :slight_smile:

Go for it :+1:

1 Like

@robmarkcole Thanks, will share it here as soon as I get something working :slight_smile:

1 Like

@robmarkcole Looks like it’s more a RSS component I should clone as feed of local transport here is in RSS format (unusual and old fashion but at least it exists :wink: Will try to find where is code on github of RSS reader module and clone it as base for my module !

Pretty sure there is an RSS component :+1:

Just pushed some major updates to the component - now includes attributes such as the complete description of any disruptions and a convenience True/False attribute for the status. Still in need of some alpha testers… Cheers! Github link

looking forward to trying this out. great work

Place tube_state.py in the folder /custom_components/sensor’

this means I need to create these folders? /custom_components/sensor’

if so, where would I create them? my folder structure on my Pi looks like this:

http://i.imgur.com/CSKSoid.png

Its in 0.49 :slight_smile: https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/blob/dev/homeassistant/components/sensor/london_underground.py

That is the correct place for /custom_components/sensor/london_underground.py

ah - gotcha

i will wait until 0.49 is released then :slight_smile:

cheers

Am looking for alpha testers of

am not the most tech literate but happy to have a stab

can i try this out running 0.48 of HASS?

yep :grinning:

will take a look - you want feedback here or in seperate thread?

Please create an issue on Github

Hi @robmarkcole

Thanks for this component.

Is it possible if we could have updates on other trains in the UK like the London Midland??

Sure, checkout

So I have set up the UK transport component and everything is working well.

However when I put “LM” (London Midland) as the “operator” in the configurable variable, the component stops working.

I want to set London Midland as the operator and know the train status at a specified time. Is that possible ? If yes can you please guide me on how to do it?

At the moment this is what I have:

- platform: uk_transport
    app_id: ******
    app_key: ********
    queries:
      - mode: train
        origin: HRW
        destination: EUS

Hi what do you mean by ‘when I put “LM” (London Midland) as the “operator” in the configurable variable, the component stops working’.?
How did you get on with the troubleshooting suggested in the docs? Cheers

So when I go to the api reference Web page to see if everything is working: from my origin station to my destination station I want to select a specific train service which i.e. not all trains like overground, underground etc.

When I specify the operator meaning the train type i.e. London midland in my case on HA it throws an error which means it’s not a query like destination station, origin station etc.

Is it possible to be more specific in HA showing only certain trains at specific departure times?

Ideally I want to use an automation to give me an update first thing in the morning regarding my 08.04 train to London Euston without me having to open HA frontend.