Looking for a simple card for the custom Tesla integration

How do you do that?

@alexbeatle - great piece of work. One question from a newbie, how do I work out what the needs to be :frowning:

How does what need to be? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Ignore me - iā€™m an idiot.

The above has been very very useful - thank you!

So one problem I am having with this is that it doesnā€™t auto-update unless I press the refresh button. Is there any way to set this to do so? Also does any one have the white Tesla Y model template they could post/send?

2 Likes

You can change the refresh rate in the Tesla Integration. I believe itā€™s every 6mins by default.

Thank you to alexbeatle for sharing!

I have decided to make some of my own changes including making the card more minimalist (although not completely). The original is great, but in case anyone is interested in a different look with very similar functionality, here is my take: RampantRedsFan/TeslaHADashboardElement: A somewhat minimal and interactive Tesla Home Assistant/Lovelace Dashboard Element (github.com)

3 Likes

Thanks for sharing this Alex.
I have a question regarding this, I see that temperature are shown in Fahrenheit, how can change it to celsius? just found out that I can change in Developer Tools->Statistics->Device

Nice one! Iā€™m going to look in to this one. What I am missing at first glance is the ability to turn on the heated seats (especialy in the rear).

Hi, Iā€™m having the same issue (total novice!), did you manage to sort it? Is it something to do with the image?

Total newbie guys and trying to build my dashboard. Tried the YAML code but havenā€™t had much luck with the image. Can you tell me where I am going wrong?

And have this error message at the bottom of the card. Looks like it is refusing to load the image file.

@alexbeatle great work mate. Need your help here. I have managed to clean up the error at the bottom (donā€™t understand why it doesnā€™t work) but I am still having difficulty getting the TESLA image as a background for this card.

Can you help? Latest look ā€¦

Hi Osden, on this one you need to install a custopm bar : GitHub - custom-cards/bar-card: Customizable Animated Bar card for Home Assistant Lovelace

Then check how you did your card, here itā€™s showing you he canā€™t find your backgroung image !
Have you set the right name ? and have you uploaded the image localy on your HA install ? (like image: /local/tesla_y.jpeg)

@bsteven
Thank you for your help. Works beautifully ā€¦

1 Like

Just FYI. If you have a relatively older vehicle, there seem to be an issue with api updates Tesla did. My data doesnā€™t ā€œforce updateā€.
The workaround I do is use the refresh button to turn the ā€œpollingā€ switch off, and let automation turn it back on after 5 seconds.

Also, if youā€™re using browser_mod (GitHub - thomasloven/hass-browser_mod: šŸ”¹ A Home Assistant integration to turn your browser into a controllable entity and media player), you can refresh button get triggered when you open the page with your tesla car.