Looking for Life360 alternative for presence detection for home alarm

I have an app on my android phone that is very similar to life360. It’s called Alfredcircle.

I was wondering if anyone would be able to get it working in HA like life360 did.

The Life360 integration may not be completely dead after all. I have it working again. If anyone would like to try it, the custom integration is available in this repo:

https://github.com/pnbruckner/ha-life360

Beta version 0.5.0b5 is the latest. Documentation can be found here:

ha-life360/README.md at new-api · pnbruckner/ha-life360 (github.com)

1 Like

Hi,

Did you or any anyone else experience issues logging on to the Life 360 login page (to obtain the token)?

I tried a few times on different browsers/devices, but when clicking on the sign in button, it just spins, without doing anything else.

Thank you for keep this integration a life. I successfully add Life 360 integration to HA but I only have 1 binary sensor and nothing else

What I am doing wrong?

I did. I use Forgot password link, then type same password and it let me sign in after that. Also, it’s 2 factor verification now and they should send you a one time pass code to your phone

Look in the entities section rather than devices…

device_tracker.life360_*

It may take some time to populate your circles.

I would post your questions in the actual thread for the beta rather than here.

2 Likes

I did have that experience a while ago, but honestly, I can’t remember the exact circumstances. I often switch between Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge. I think I had the issue on one, but not the other, but I can’t reproduce the problem anymore.

Please note that using the “access type & token” method is only necessary if you have a verified phone number on your Life360 account, and it may only be applicable to US-based accounts. If you can still use a username (emal address or phone number) with a password to log into Life360, then you can use the “username & password” method in the HA integration.

And, if you do have a verified phone number, and want to change back to the username/password method (and constantly be nagged by Life360 to verify a phone number :laughing: ), you can use their password reset link

Reset Life360 Password

@JasonMeudt is correct. This integration does not create devices, just device_tracker and binary_sensor entities. There is one binary sensor per registered account, and one tracker per seen Member. Also, it can take time to retrieve the lists of Circles & Members from the server, which must be done before tracker entities can be created for the Members. Check the log for WARNING messages to see the progress of that process.

Once created, you’ll see the number of entities on the Life360 integration page:

I am adding messages about the need to retrieve lists of Circles & Members, which can take a while, to the config flow…

1 Like

No luck. Still show 1 binary sensor, and it’s shows CONECTED for last 4 hours,after I restart HA

What WARNING (or ERROR) messages do you see in the system log?

Sorry, I replied on the main thread
"I check my log, and it’s said: Circles& Members list retrieval cancelled. :man_shrugging: "

No problem. Let’s finish the discussion in the other topic.

1 Like

I’m not sure what the issue is. I even used a new email account and had the same issue.

But then just used the new email/pw to login to integration and it worked. Not sure why it wont log me in the website, tried password reset, but didnt even get an email notification.

This is working for me! Thanks!

1 Like

I’m getting the following error while attempting to add the integration. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Did you install version 0.5.0 of the integration and then restart HA? Are you getting any errors in the system log?

1 Like

If I remember right, I got this error when I had remnants of the original integration in /config/life360. I think I just removed it but Phil should know the proper way.

1 Like

It looks like i had used one of your previous mods and had a random life360 directory in condig and custom mods. deleted both, restarted HA, readded the integration and it’s working fine now. Thanks!

Yeah, that wasn’t random, but it was a work around to previous issues the integration had. It was a pre-released version of the life360 pypi.org package. And, yes, deleting it was the right thing to do. You didn’t have to delete /config/custom_components/life360, but since you reinstalled it and its working now, you should be good to go.

I wouldn’t have thought the old workaround in /config/life360 would have caused this particular error, but who knows. In any case, anyone that still has a /config/life360 folder, DELETE IT.