Losing devices with ZHA

Strange… I have four of these and they have been the most reliable zigbee devices on my ZHA network, no matter what channel or settings

Same issue here, SML001 loosing Connection. I also have a network with many Router devices. Before it was running on Z2M without any issue. And Yes I can switch back, but would give the Official Skyconnect Dongle and ZHA a go.

Same issue with ZHA here. Some devices drop out of the network.
I also have a SkyConnect dongle, so I wanted to give ZHA a go.
Z2M had no issues (ZZH dongle).
Got 110 devices, and about 60% are router devices.
I´m using the same channel as I did on Z2M.

Is it an issue with SkyConnect, ZHA, or a combination?

There is something going with ZHA - I’ve noticed that simply restarting ZHA solves a lot of glitches.

Tried… Not working :frowning:

It turned out @Hedda was right all along… at least in my case.

There are two version of the Sonoff Zigbee dongle.
The ZBDongle-E and the SkyConnect dongle I used both have the same chip which is newer and supposedly better, but it still has some bugs.
I switched to the older ZBDongle-P controller and everything worked great since.

That Zigbee guide he linked to was also very useful, but initially I didn’t read it as carefully as I should have done.
When they say that Zigbee is very sensitive to interference, they really mean it.
Some steps that turned out to have a significant impact on the Zigbee signal for me were:

• Use a long USB extension cable to place the Zigbee adapter away from interference and obstacles.
  • Try to place the Zigbee adapter at some distance away from walls, ceilings, and floors.
  • Try to place your Zigbee adapter away from Wi-Fi access points or sources of WiFi.
  • Place Zigbee adapters far away from electrical/power wires/cables, power supplies, and household appliances.
1 Like

Yeps, 2024 still same challenges with SML021, also with ZHA but on the Yellow.
No problems on Deconz at all. And SML022 works like a charm on ZHA+Yellow…

Weird, have tried the usual suspects, wifi separation channels/physical, different better shielded USB extension cable on the Deconz dongle that also sits in the my Yellow. When I moved from RP4+Deconz+Phoscon to Yellow, I kept my Deconz dongle and run two Zigbee networks at the moment. Wanted to see how that panned out. Also saving me from re- pairing the many different bulbs in our home…
So slowly moving from Deconz to the built in Yellow Zigbee.
So far it seems a bit weak on radio (only how I experience it, haven’t any measuring or data on it.)

(Deconz=ConbeeII)