Losing Sensative strips entites when restarting HA

After adding a Sensative strips (https://www.stripsbysensative.com/guard/) several entities are added to the zwave node:

• sensor.sensative_strips_access_control
  • sensor.sensative_strips_burglar
  • sensor.sensative_strips_alarm_type
  • sensor.sensative_strips_alarm_level

My problem is that these entities disappear from the dropdownlist ‘Entities of this node’ in HA zwave config panel after restarting HA multiple times. I no longer have access to the sensor sensative_strips_access_control (and others) even if the entity entries are still in entitty_registry.yaml.

Sometimes I’m able to recover the entities by waking up the Sensative strip but most of the time I need to remove then readd the strip in HA. I’m using version 0.74.2.

Has anyone experienced this ?

Thanks

I’ve never had that happen when restarting HA, and I’ve been using Sensative strips since January 2017, upgrading at pretty much every release, and often restarting multiple times between releases.

You do have non-battery powered Z-Wave devices and the mesh is healthy?

Yes I have a Fibaro Universal Sensor but I had the problem even before I added this sensor. Can I ask you how I can check if the mesh is healthy ?
Thanks

See this pinned post for graphing the mesh.

If you’ve only a single powered device then you don’t have a mesh. It’s those powered devices that build a mesh, and having only (or almost only) battery powered devices is a problem.

Here is my graph. It seems ok to me.

And here is a screenshot of my dropdownlist showing no entities except the binary sensor
strips

After removing and readding the strip then restarting HA I have something different now. The entites are gone as always after restarting my HA but the strip is no longer attach to the controller.
mesh1
Does anyone know why and how I can fix this ?

As I said, your problem is that you don’t have enough mains/USB powered devices. You need to add at least one more, between the hub and the strip.

Ok so adding for example a fibaro wall plug could help ?
Thanks

That’s a mains powered device, so yes :wink:

You’ll just have to add it in a place that improves the connectivity. That may not be a straight line, but taking into account the construction of your house, and what reduces the signal (metal, water, chipboard, thick stone walls, etc).

Good Day everyone, from the previous conversation I do understand that there needs to be some powered devices in order to get the sensative strips to work. In my case it directly connects to the hub eventhough there are powered devices. Can I somehow force the route?

Can someone help out?

There’s nothing to help with. Your sensor is connected and presumably working. You need powered devices (relays) when other devices are beyond direct reach.

Now, you do have 3 failed devices… but that’s a different problem.

Well actually I added the device created a binary sensor and things were working for a bit. Now they are not and I thought it would have been related to the connection.
Did I misread this from the earlier posts?

Yes, there is no requirement to have other powered nodes for any Z-Wave device to communicate with the controller.

Their problem was that the device was too far from the controller, and any other mains powered device. That doesn’t appear to be your problem.

Are any of the entities reporting in?

Still getting used to the terms, what do you mean by reporting in?

Do they update?

Any Z-Wave device has a number of entities, zwave. for the Z-Wave part, and then others for different features. Do any of those update? Usually at the very least I’d expect to see the receivedTS attribute of the zwave. entity update.

This is how it looks, does that help?

Depends on your timezone and what’s going on, but it shows that it last talked with the controller at 20:32 (your time). You’ve got one failed send, but one is no big deal.

Please give me a hint what I can do, because the senor is not reacting at all.