Love lace can't find custom component in Fully Kiosk android app

Works fine on the computer browsers and iphone but no matter what I do it won’t show there, I get the red boxes that it can’t find it. Could it be something with that webview used?

I believe this is something to do with outdated webview in FK and the fact it doesn’t support custom components.

Would be interested to know what tablets people are using for Lovelace in kiosk mode as I’m disappointed with my Fire 7.

1 Like

I got it to load in chrome and I would assume it uses the same engine but maybe not.

This is so disappointing. I spent a good part of today making a custom component to control my climate and now it doesn’t work on the tablet. Ugh.

I have the same problem with FKB on a Lenovo 7" tablet. It worked fine up until about a week ago, when it started acting up.

I have ran into this problem again in FKB. It was working fine for a while, but after adding a new view to lovelace, I got the red badges for all of the custom cards with an error starting with:

element.setConfig is not a function
I am on hass.io 0.87.0

I’m running into the same issue. Between that and noticing sometimes icons don’t change color with state, I’m starting to wonder if FKB on the Kindle Fire is really viable going forward or I need to look at some alternatives.

Its realy the outdated webview - I got one of my Fire tablets with CyanogenMod. Fully works there very well - “Same” tablet with Amazons firmware and the custom components cant be loaded - I have high hopes for Ariella as soon as I can declair a base URL for lovelace.

I now have my Fire 7’s working.
Some people way smarter than me over at XDA have managed to root them.

I have successfully done it with 2 Fire 7’s both 7th gen
I then installed LineageOS on them. I then sideloaded Android Wall Panel but as its the WebView that’s the issue fully kiosk should work