Lovelace: Advanced calendar card

I get that occasionally to. Also the animation scrolls after loading. A browser refresh usually clears both.

1 Like

I tried that before posting, after a few refreshes it worked. Thank You Its perfect!

Do you still get “The calendar can’t be loaded…” errors? Could you check the console?
It’s a connection error so I don’t know now why is this happening, I never had this issue, using different browsers. It should throw the error to console in the new 0.7.3 version

I see you added the startDaysAhead which is awesome however I cannot seem to get it to work correctly. I added 7 different calendars (one for each day this week) and changed the start days ahead from 0 to 6 on each. For each of the days I see exactly the same thing. Here is an example of what I have:

- type: "custom:atomic-calendar"
            title: "Today"
            showMonth: true
            maxDaysToShow: 7
            startDaysAhead: 0
            defaultMode: 1
            # showDate: true
            dayWrapperLineColor: orange
            entities:
              - entity: calendar.example
                color: cornflowerblue 

title: "Apr 3"
            showMonth: true
            maxDaysToShow: 7
            startDaysAhead: 1
            defaultMode: 1
            # showDate: true
            entities:
              - entity: calendar.example
                color: cornflowerblue 

That’s strange. It’s working for me. Or if you expect something different let me know.

My settings:
- type: “custom:atomic-calendar”
title: “Kalendarz 3.04”
fullDayEventText: ‘Cały dzień’
showDate: true
untilText: ‘do’
entities:
- entity: calendar.kalendarz_test
startDaysAhead: 1
maxDaysToShow: 0
showDate: false

title: "Kalendarz 4.04"
    fullDayEventText: 'Cały dzień'
    showDate: true
    untilText: 'do'
    entities:
    - entity: calendar.kalendarz_test
    startDaysAhead: 2
    maxDaysToShow: 0
    showDate: false

… .etc.
If you want to show only one day set maxDaysToShow to 0

I was pretty sure you tested it and that it was working for you when I asked but was just hoping there was something I was missing.

I restarted Home Assistant (again) and this time it seems to be working. Once again thanks again for the addition and great component.

This occurs infrequently. Usually during periods of frequent lovelace/HA refresh/restart cycles. The spinning of the loading animation is cleared by a browser refresh. For me, this is on Safari, not Firefox.

I finally succeeded in getting things to work. What a wonderful card!!
The solution for me was to go into .yaml mode. I tried to use UI editing but it did’nt work, so yaml mode did it for me. And it wasn’t that difficult
One more question though. I use an automation that set a dark theme when the sun sets a the default theme when the sun rises. In the default theme everything looks fine with the colours defined in the ui-lovelace.yaml. But when it switches to dark mode it becomes difficult to read the black text. It doesn’t change the same way as the build-in cards. A minor thing but if you eat everything to be perfect :slight_smile:

Glad you got it working.

Bluhme thanks, I’ll try to fix those colors next days.

If anyone got errors, please look in the console - it should now write the version number “atomic_calendar v0.7.4 loaded” and show the error. There is a problem with cache, HA sometimes load an old version from cache.
The best thing to do is to use custom_updater that will track updates, and then you can change

• url: /local/atomic-calendar.js
    to
  • url: /customcards/atomic-calendar.js
    in lovelace-ui to not load an old version from cache. It’s great not only for my card, but for any other too.

I really like the look of this card. For what it’s worth, it is almost working with CalDav calendars (my iCal/iCloud calendar). Events show up but they are missing the date and title entry, making it a long list of “All day event” along with their locations. Will you consider testing with CalDav calendars as well? For now I’ll keep using an older lovelace google calendar card which happens to report those fields, but keeping my eye on this!

In anticipation of v92.0, I added an empty __int__.py file to the calendar directory. This broke the calendar config resulting in the calendar no longer loading data.

UPDATE: I removed the int.py file from the calendar directory prior to upgrading to 0.92. Calendar is loading data. I’m speculating this calendar card doesn’t require the same manifest treatment as other custom components.

You are right. I can confirm that loading the calendar is broken in 0.92. I have 4 calendars configured and only 2 load. They are public. Week number and holidays. The personal calendars are not loaded. Have Google changed authentication method?

I didn’t tested it yet, but I think you need to download all 3 files from Google component: google.py, init,py, tts.py. Creating empty files won’t work. Links are here: https://github.com/atomic7777/atomic_calendar#6-how-to-show-more-than-5-events It was a breaking change in HA. If you replace any compontent you need all files now (to avoid bugs with different versions of files). I will check it this weekend. I haven’t had time to update HA so far.

Did that. Still no loading of personal calendar. Lets hope you find a solution.
I have personal calendar up til today where I upgraded to 0.92. The public calendars loading ok.
The calendar entity (calendar.xxx_xxx_gmail_com shows the next event in state view byt it is not shown on the card in either view.
Strange !!

New information. Now all my calendars are loading but show only 5 events. The same as before I edited calendar.py. Is there a bit of confusion? The file that we can download on Github according to your instructions is called calendar.py but you write that we are going to edit a file called google. py.
Is there something with the naming in 0.92?

I’m confused as well. Current file system:

custom_components/
  calendar/
    __pycache__/
    __int__.py
    google.py
  google/
     __pycache__/
    google.py

I don’t have a calendar.py file. One of the above directories was added when I extended the reporting days beyond five. I’ve forgotten which one it was.

Well the tts.py is not at the link @atomic77

I have an issue upgrading from 91.4 to 92. I set my google.py to only return 3 calendar events. That’s all i want displayed on my tablet. When I upgrade to 92 atomic-calenard / google.py no longer respect my maxresults: 3 value. Instead it looks like at least 5 results are returned.

Anything I can do to force only 3 results to be shown?

I think they added max_results to the built in google calendar component. Therefore a custom component with a modified google.py isn’t needed.