Lovelace: Body Miscale Card 5.6.0

No, that did not work - I was the whole time updating this comment - but it is working now and I changed a bit for the better. Please read the comment before again cause it is updated a lot.

I have sorted all the details we have in a logic order like all the % and so on.
I also put the years and kg from the top again into the details that you have a direct comparison.

29,1%   Bauchfett
22,4%   Körperfett
12,3%   Muskelmasse
33,2%   Knochenmasse
 6,3%   Protein
44,4%   Wasser

22,8    BMI
schlank  (BMI Label = Körperbau)

31      Jahre 
36      Jahre stoffwechselbedingtes Körperalter

75,7    kg 
67,00   kg Idealgewicht

1.812 kcal Grundumsatz

This way you have all things together to get a quick and clear overview.

And to be honest why should we add gender as male and female if we have fonts like font awseome 5 with a man we can reuse.

Hier is a cut and past of how it looks now and how it could look like - and with far less language effort and cleaner UI.
OK, you will have to change things, might be not easy but it can be goal to achieve.
This card will only have 1 purpose: scale / weight

Look at the header how clean it is and expresses the same.

Even the icon for gender will fit quite nice.

Maybe the headline deserves to be underlined but that is another story.

1 BUG: Körperbau should be body typ or something like this or BMI label , a description like skinny and so on.

This does not work: it is available on my scale but it does not show up in the card , just says unavailable even though it is a part of the sensor.

I guess you can easily update this dev. file so it should be easier for me to get another version running, right ?

Do I have to open your cs file in RAW and copy and paste it in my previous file (which I will backup of cause before).

looks quite good at this point, but I will have to digg into the UI of the setup now if that might work right now too.

Everything about the UI / configuration editor
==============================================

your ‘lovelace body miscale card’ is missing in the title bar - it only say cards configuration.
I hope tiny and easy to add

The next line after the selection of the scale sensor I think it should not be called name or so but “owner”.
Show the owner’s name of that scale sensor ?

For german please replace “Namen anzeigen” by “Besitzer anzeigen”

Status anzeigen (Symbole links oben) should become “WAAGE STATUS (Symbol links oben)”
As you said if we only show scale or attention / warning sign then it is just 1 symbol therefore text has changed to
“scale status (icon upper left)” I mention the spot cause you can learn it easier where to look when you play with it.

“Basis Daten einblenden” should become “Basisdaten zeigen” 
 show basic data is shorter than unveil
 less letters and Basisdaten is 1 compound word.

“Körperwertanzeige anbieten” is not the best after I had seen the 181B version: “Detaillierte Messergebnisse anbieten (untere HĂ€lfte per Button einblenden”
This means “offer deetailed measurement results (lower part - press button)”

The next needs a spot description:
“SchaltflĂ€che anzeigen (rechts unten)”

last point there
“Symbolleiste anzeigen (Power Button und SchaltflĂ€che)”

Beyond that there is only the issues with BMI label sensor which is not shown in the card right now.

Maybe you can do the translation job with copy and paste first and maybe the last missing sensor bmi label too.

And from there we can go on for all languages. Again I try to explain what and why I change words in the german version cause you might think if that fits for french too.

and here is number

I guess it will be usefull to create a set of english screenshots for all those that wanna translate it. That would help a lot to understand, where such “weird” translation will be needed afterwards for example here, but this one is bigger to give the overview that it is part of every card configuration

or here the other major point besides the error or status messages and the other detailled results of a measurement you can show up by the power button

Not much work, but would helped me a lot to avoid circles over and over again till I get behind where and how it was needed.

I find it a shame to make such a brutal comeback. You have so many possibilities with this card.

Try you will see add this for example

attributes:
  weight:
    label: false

I think the user should be left free to choose.

Where do i have to change that ?

configuration.yaml or bodymiscale.yaml ?

type: custom:body-miscale-dev
entity: bodymiscale.aurelien
model: 181B
show_name: true
show_state: true
show_body: true
show_buttons: true
show_toolbar: true
show_attributes: true
image: /local/body-miscale-card/miscale2.jpg
attributes:
  weight:
    label: false
1 Like

new update

muscle_mass, bone_mass The unit is in kg
visceral_fat For visceral_fat I think it’s like the bmi there is no unity

I’m not sure about all this

1 Like

Update means more “new knowledge”, not new dev version , right ?

Just to let you know: I had made these screenshots to show how a clean UI could look like cause I had here issues with messages from the status / warning segment crossing or getting in touch with the right labels in the top picture.

I find it easier to share a picture than to write so detailed and I know that you can not adopt everything, but I just wanted to share my experience, same for the translation process cause the screenshots make it a lot easier, you would not even need a running installation that way.

The most important german UI pieces in that dev. you send me are fixed like those in the header from “nice woman” to jahre and the other funny word.
Let me know when there is a new version.

Regarding the units you are right !
I have checked the App for the 181B values and that this visceral is not a percentage but a whatever index. You can see that they add % whereever they belong to - except in the graphs where they missed to add% where it belongs.

But the Visceral fat is here on the other side and has no % unit , just the value only

Therefore this order might make more sense starting with the indices, follwed by % and kg over weight to kcal and body label before it ends with ages.

22,8    BMI              - BMI

29,1    Bauchfett        - visceral fat

22,4%   Körperfett       - body fat
 6,3%   Protein          - protein
44,4%   Wasser           - water

12,3    kg Muskelmasse   - muscle
33,2    kg Knochenmasse  - bones

75,7    kg 
67,00   kg Idealgewicht  - ideal weight

1.812   kcal Grundumsatz - metabolism
schlank Körperbau        - bmi label

31      Jahre            - years 
36      Jahre stoffwechselbedingtes Körperalter - meatbolic based age in years 

Ok,
2 things achieved since I got the access to the dev version from you which is very helpfull, also the explanation from this morning cause I was able to implement that and get a bit further too.

I have improved the translation at those points I came across. The description of those improved lines can be found on github in my translation issue / description that I do update and also documentate what I had changed, I guess 5 or 6 points so far right now. But I do all changes carefull and well documentated that you only have to exchange such 5 for 6 single lines.

I tried to play with those parameters you had send this morning and with the variable names i also had found in the translation file for the lower expandable half of the card.

The result of the #2nd point is now this much cleaner header if you compare those - ah, on top that line is also a card my father loves to see about the past 10 days or so. The headline and icon of such graph should take the colour of the graph at current state. That feature is only partly working cause it does not use the color of the latest state but from the highest as you can see.

If you only compare the 2 header of the BodMiScale Card itself in the picture then you have the pure facts or you will have a “letter desert” as we call such amount of letters without any additional content / value. The scale had been working and therefore shows OK, the result is shown and the basic input data for BMI are displayed too. But in the updated translation file I decided to go for “Messung: OK” instead of “OK” that says nothing. Messung OK means “Measurement OK” and that is the key point there.

As you can see the lower half is now fitting to our 181D scales cause I had used your technique from this morning to also get rid of all those line our 181D scales do not support.

But I miss for whatever reason one phrase and its values in the translation file:
“BMI-Label” is english and none of the values is part of the translation file.

Here that term BMI-Label is called “BMI Klassifikation” and in this particular case the translation should start with a lower case cause “leicht” means light and all adjectives have to be lower case in german.
So I need those values of BMI Label too to check the translation.
Final point: another term is missing cause I instantly thought that I had not written that “Nicht verfĂŒgbar” in a capitol letter. All these steps are explained on github, just a short description here too in case we have to talk about it.

Finally I am unsure if body_type with its body_value is a sensor the 181D supports or not. You might know for sure I guess, but I just wanna clarify if that is a 181B only feature.

SUNDAY MORNING UPDATE
I have put some screenshots together that do not represent same situation (display resolution, size and so on), but point on the risks laying in the current header if you at least do not turn off the label.
I had emphasized to try to replace the Status with 1 symbol:

• Scale + “measurement OK” ( that could not be mixed with scale in general OK)
  • ATTENTION + “weight unavailable” and in a 2nd and by CRLF aligned line “impedance unavailable” which requires a carriage return LF (CRLF) command in such a string. That should be possible.

That way (no labels and in case 2 lines of warning the situation below would be avoided

It might be an issue of the german translation cause “unavailable” has no such short german counterpart like “unverfĂŒgbar”, only “nicht verfĂŒgbar”
Same for “Impedanz” which less than 3% might now at least regarding scales, so I had chosen the german word for “consistency” = “Zusammensetzung” cause the result of such impedance measurement will be the consistency estimation / guesswork.

I hope you can understand a bit better why I had been working on those screenshots on Friday that early cause in many cases german language or its translations are longer and therefore need more space or will lead to more questionmarks than answers like in a informal, unfriendly complictaded “Impedanz ? nich da” or “Impedance ? no there” which will raise the eyebrowse for sure and create questionmarks instead of giving answers, not really that helpfull.

My goal is to make your CARD as usefull as I can - not only for german or me. And therefore my screenshots and edits where taken without any considerations like “is it even possible to show such gender Icon there” or “how much effort it might take” in mind.
I simply look for a clean design that is easy to understand from first view.
And therefore I ended with that short header version below were also all data could been displayed in the darker part of the picture with best readability and space for the case of a 2 line long warning.

But: great overall progress so far and every step will help for all the other translations / languages too for sure.

Hello,

update

BMI Label https://github.com/dckiller51/lovelace-body-miscale-dev/blob/ee79daa30cd5b99f7ff82d763e4714fefb82bd43/src/translations/de.json#L55

The bmi label is a simple calculation. https://www.cdc.gov/healthyweight/assessing/bmi/adult_bmi/index.html

The body type uses more data for a finer calculation

Hi,
the missing BMI Label translations are done and updated on the “github tranlation issue page” where I added a “Update 3” section on the top. Just 7 terms to copy and paste, so not a big deal. I guess that is the easiest way.

I knew the BMI forumula and was not sure about that body type value if the poor 181D owners should get those too or if it is impossible without the Impedance measurement, but simply based on the enormous amount of values I saw in the translation it must be a more granual type of data used for the 181B so I guess it is not supported. Good to know cause then it looks complete in my opinion.

I have followed the link to the update page and foud a file I guess I have to download and to replace the old one which I will rename before to have a backup.
thx

UPDATE: the new dev. edition did not show any improvements regarding translation or I might have missed them or I do have to reboot the Pi to see an effect. I actually had added a new body mi scale card on to my HA home screen and checked it 2 times with 2 different persons. I just opened the link, copied the code, opened the old js file and replaced that code with the new one - but it did not change the results - at least right now where the pi-4 is rebooting

Yes this version is to replace the dev version which serves as a test before pushing a new official version.

New update

Support needed: How can I identify which code base I am currently using ?

I get to 2 BodyMi Scale Cards offered and by now I only know that the “longer Text” stands for the most recent version.
Therefore I would suggest that you might add a ‘DEV 0620’ number for today to that point where I can select the card I wanted to add.
Just as a reminder: i had shortened the text you can see in the lower right corner, but those changes are not visible in the latest code or I did not get your new code right into the HA.

The lower right one is the most recent developer branch I had used before.
And I had replaced the content of that particular file with copy and paste with that of your file in raw format.

Update made you will find the file in the same place.

1 Like

Now I got the new number when I added the card and also the translations have made a big step forward which I know have to check.

Is it possible to create a CRLF in longer strings for example for one point of the configuration which would look much nicer if splitted - same issue as seen in the status section if something is missing ?

I mean this

and now this one here too cause it is pretty long and looks far better

I have checked all the points of the new version and it needs a few more or less tiny changes and improvements which are described on github again.
Quite good so far but just a bit to go depending on what is possible or not.
thx

Mise Ă  jour effectuĂ©e vous retrouverez le fichier au mĂȘme endroit + some answer on the github

Remember to update a version with each new dev file.
Before:
/local/body-miscale-dev/body-miscale-dev.js?v=0.1.1
After:
/local/body-miscale-dev/body-miscale-dev.js?v=0.1.2

really ?
This what deepl.com said to that french sentence:

Update done, you will find the file in the same place
I will update the yamle file or the ressource folder I guess cause now it runs and I do not wanna mess things up now that it takes a minute or 2 to get it running .

Are you sure you have already released it cause github says that the file on that sport is about 3 hours old and that would mean OLD I guess and not new , right ?

My comment and corrections here and at github are just 2 hours old so the file does not seem to have been upgraded afterwards.
Can you check that out cause maybe we have a time difference due to timezones between france and germany but I am not sure cause usually we were in the same - right now football time 10 to 9 pm.

Here it says

And the last update was also not instantly there cause I checked it everywhere and could not find a difference until I had written to you and then a new version appeared there.

just let me know when it will be there

Ah yes. Sorry

1 Like

New update