Lovelace: Bringing back entity-filter (monster-card)

It contained a typo in the indentation of the last two lines.
Fixed.

my pardon for this silly post, but thanks for fixing. Should have seen that myselfā€¦sorry

gives me opportunity to ask about the templates: can we check state: versus a template?

domain: sensor
state: > {{states'(input_number.frontend_value_set')}}

of not, would you consider a FR for templates?

Need to bump this, because of HA 107.5ā€¦ really sorry

this has been working ever since it was posted here:

- type: custom:auto-entities
    show_empty: false
    card:
      type: entities
      title: Now Playing
      show_header_toggle : false
    filter:
      include:
        - domain: media_player
          state: /playing|paused|'on'/
          options:
            type: custom:hui-media-control-card
            artwork_border: true
            artwork: cover
            hide:
              icon: true

but now we get the red card on the custom:hui-media-control-card .

Is this something you are able to fix any time soon / at all @thomasloven ? You see I did try the Lovelace-card-preloader, as it appeared to be the only auto-entities card config that doesnā€™t work in my config, but though I saw a card appear once, like this:

it became red again immediately after that. Really hope you can have a look at this, because this improvement in HA, isnā€™t really appreciative of the given card configā€¦

thanks for having a look if you would.

I used a custom version of this car :wink: for a long time but after updating HA to 0.107.5 couldnā€™t get it to work (tried several methods) and just switched to another custom card.
Maybe itā€™s time for you to do the same? What do you you use it for?

think I dont understand what is unclear in my post, and not really sure what youā€™re askingā€¦

I am using the given setup to automatically list the media_players in my Ha instanceā€¦

which would that be?

I didnā€™t read your config and wanted to hear a human-friendly idea.

depends on use case. how about auto-entities?

think you still didnā€™t read my configā€¦

as you wish

?? very helpful indeedā€¦
the first line of my posted config above: - type: custom:auto-entities

Iā€™m really sorry as I didnā€™t spot that.
On the other hand, I did not expect to see discussion of problems with auto-entity here and assumed itā€™s monster-cardā€¦ 8()

So basically your auto-entities does not render custom:hue-media-control-card, right?

Can you create an entity card with all of them so it works?

Yes, that is a good idea, Ill post it as an issue in the auto-entities card GitHub. thanks for the hint on that.
btw, this can be taken out, no longer required/supported in the new media-control card apparently (missed that change in the changes list)

artwork_border: true
            hide:
              icon: true

doesnā€™t solve the issue thoughā€¦

still, can you create an entity card with all of them so it works?

yes, or even an entity-filter card with state-filter

state_filter:
      - 'on'
      - playing
      - paused

not sure if this is also possible without the preloader-card, because I now have that installed and th media-control is preloadedā€¦

update
no, its not possible (without preloader-card):

So itā€™s an issue with displaying hue-media-control-card in general?

No.
Itā€™s an issue as of HA 107, with this core card used on an entities row.

I think they changed something so itā€™s impossible now to use core cards as entity rows (but I might be wrong).
Anyway, nothing to do with monster/auto-entities and little we or thomas can do about itā€¦
BTW, instead of auto-entities I currently use Entities and hide unnecessary entities using card-mod - thatā€™s why I asked if you can create a card with your media players.

sure, that was the reason for my post in the first place.
My issue was with the flaky solution using the card-preloaded, which mitigates that specific ā€˜featureā€™ in 107ā€¦
Since it is the only card in my setup causing issues, I thought it might be specific to that card, and asked Thomas if this is the case, and if he can see a way to solve that issue.

wondering how you do with card-mod (templates?) what auto-entities can do automated for you.

Sorry, I didnā€™t get this bit

Hey guys - Iā€™m hoping for some help figuring out how to make 2 types of cards that include only a few Plex entities, and one Denon AVR as the only item with volume, but exclude all other entities. The 2 types of cards would be one for - the custom-entites card, and one for the media-control card.

I have this custom-entities card working, but includes a bunch of Plex entities that I donā€™t want in it (and I donā€™t know how to exclude specific ones), and I donā€™t know how to add volume to just the Denon, (or Sonos devices for example)

card:
  show_header_toggle: false
  type: entities
filter:
  exclude:
    - state: unavailable
    - state: idle
    - state: 'off'
  include:
    - domain: media_player
      options:
        group: true
        hide:
          power_state: false
          source: true
          volume: true
        type: 'custom:mini-media-player'
type: 'custom:auto-entities'

And, Iā€™d like to do this same thing, but with the full media-control cards. Any help is appreciated.

1 Like