Lovelace doesn't always reflect correctly states

Which browser?

It looks like you might have some duplicate entities to me?

Restarting solves only temporarily.
Clearing cookies and cache - done that now, let’s see if helps.
99.9% of the time it is an android chrome browser, saved as ‘app’ (you know, the save to desktop shortcut…).
When reported on this post - I took the print screens from a PC chrome browser, so it is not the platform…

@DavidFW1960, are you talking about the battery graph or the weather cards? I’m still playing with the different cards…

You have a Light - TV Room and a TV Room they are different entities…

That doesn’t explain the battery level.

I’ve seen something similar. It can take a while to update the more info pop-up if there are large data downloads (to update history graphs) going on in the background.

DavidFW1960 No, it’s the same entity - on the lovelace interface you can edit the entity’s name inside the card - so as the whole card is of lights, I dropped the “Light - …” prefix. but the name on the zwave core.entity_registry is the “full” one. I guess it’s a legacy behavior of mine when learned how to manage correctly zwave naming from the pre-lovelace era (funny as all my experience with HA is 4-5 months, jaja)

tom_l My history collection is limited to 12 devices that are not too chatty.
I noticed another phenomenon (happened just now, after cleaning cookies and cache) -
When I switch off a light through Lovelace:

1. the actual light turns off
  2. the toggle button on Lovelace turns off and then back on
  3. opening the device detailed card - its status is off

It doesn’t happen always but now I noticed it and it explains my past time frustration about HA doesn’t always reflect the real state. Apparently it is not HA, only Lovelace… :slightly_frowning_face:

It’s early days. It will get better. Lovelace definitely does need a bit of polishing. Try putting an input_select in a picture elements card if you want to see a real mess.

Jaja, sure! So important to raise the issues so we can validate it’s a general issue and then that the developers will attend them…
The question is if this forum is enough or do we need to report also on the GitHub account…

Cheers

Git hub for sure. Lovelace issues go in the polymer section:

Do a search first to make sure your issue is not already listed.

Latest Chrome on Mac and the native IOS app (embedded safari)

https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant-polymer/issues/2604

Here is the issue I opened on this. The states not updating is only happening on the main lovelace tab for me. others update as they should.

For tabs that are not updating properly, are any of you using a map card? I removed mine and the affected tabs started to work again.

l couldn’t get BT tracking to work at all when I had a wifi tracker enabled… maybe it’s that?

For me, with or without a map card, it doesn’t update correctly…

I know this is a pretty old post, but since a few weeks I have the exact same issue. After rebooting my Raspberry Pi the Lovelace dashboard works for a few hours and shows the correct state of the entities. But then suddenly it does not longer work properly. Means that when i click a switch button to turn off a lamp, the turns off but status does not change.

Can anybody help me with that?
kind regards
Turbokanne

If this is an IOS device, I believe this is a known issue. Not sure what can be done at this point because iOS is turning off the connection. You may want to look into fully kiosk or something similar.

Hi, thanks for your reply. I forgot to mention that I use the Android App (latest Google Playstore Version) on a Samsung S10 with Android 11. And i also use the web interface on a Windows 11 Desktop Computer with Chrome 96.0.4664.110. I also tested with Edge from Win11 but it is on all devices the same (after a reboot of the Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+) it works for a few hours. This leads me to thinking of a full cache issue. Seems that after a certain amount of commands the Home Assistant System does no longer want to show the correct state of the entities.

Hello,

I now removed most of the additional HACS Addons and Integrations and also i removed several Lovelace Pages hoping that this would improve the behaviour of the Raspberry Pi and that the entity states are shown correctly. Unfortunately that did not help.

Also strange. when i try to switch an entity from the entity overview it returns to the previous state after a second and the switch/lamp in the room does not respond.

Does anybody else have a clue?

best regards
TurboKanne

Ok, although no one seems to be interessted in this topic anymore, here is the fix:

Problem is not related to Raspberry Pi’s cache but to the Tuya 2 HACS integration. Automated reload of the integration fixes the problem, which is surely only a workaround.

best Regards
TurboKanne

1 Like

Old Thread, but …

I have the problem that lights are physically turned off, but the state in the web interface remain on. This happens especially with group switching. I have no idea what to do and hope with each new version that the problem is solved …

HA is running on an SSD

Version core-2022.5.5
Installation type Home Assistant OS
Development false
Supervisor true
Docker true
User root
Virtual environment false
Python version 3.9.9
Operating system family Linux
Operating system version 5.15.32-v8
CPU architecture aarch64
Time zone Europe/Berlin
Home Assistant Community Store

|Host-Betriebssystem|Home Assistant OS 8.1|
| — | — |
|Update-Channel|stable|
|Supervisor-Version|supervisor-2022.05.3|
|Docker-Version|20.10.14|
|Speicherplatz gesamt|916.2 GB|
|Speicherplatz genutzt|25.3 GB|
|Gesund|true|
|Unterstützt|true|
|Board|rpi4-64|
|Supervisor-API|ok|
|Versions-API|ok|
|Installierte Add-ons|File editor (5.3.3), Samba share (9.6.1), Terminal & SSH (9.4.0), TasmoAdmin (0.17.0), MariaDB (2.4.0), Node-RED (11.1.2), Duck DNS (1.14.0), Nginx Proxy Manager (0.11.0), UniFi Network Application (2.2.2), Home Assistant Google Drive Backup (0.107.2), Z-Wave JS to MQTT (0.42.0), Mosquitto broker (6.1.2), Zigbee2mqtt (1.25.1-2), AppDaemon (0.8.2), Studio Code Server (5.0.5), InfluxDB (4.4.1), Grafana (7.5.2), Scrypted (v0.0.177), Frigate NVR (3.1), WireGuard (0.6.0)|

Dashboards

Dashboards 3
Ressourcen 9
Ansichten 30
Modus storage