Lovelace: Firemote Card - Remote controls for Amazon Fire / Android devices

Great integration

1 Like

Great card! Is it possible to break out the code for the buttons to be used at chips instead of the remote picture?

1 Like

@dfernan5 - Welcome to the community! It’s good to have you here!

I think I know what you are asking, but please correct me if I’m wrong. Are you asking for scripts that can be tied to normal Home Assistant buttons? If that’s the case, then you’re in luck! That’s actually how this project started. You might be able to find what you are looking for here in my GitHub repository. The scripts are in the file named scripts.yaml.

Wow this is great. I am super new to this, thanks for the support.

1 Like

I cannot see the remote in my dashboard with firefox. It works with Brave tho. I deleted all cache and cookies in firefox and fully rebooted HA, but it doesn’t help. Does anyone knows what the problem could be?

Error in firefox:

EDIT: After I randomly added another entity card (just another random entitiy i.e. a lamp), it works in firefox too now.

1 Like

Version 2 has just been released! It includes official support for NVIDIA Shield devices, as well as a few other handy new features! Come chat about it over here: Firemote Card - Amazon Fire, NVIDIA Shield, & other Android device remote control emulator

1 Like

Same for me. It just does not show up. Deleted all cookies and cache to.
Other browsers just work fine, Firefox does not display the card at all (not even selectable):

Any idea how to solve this for Firefox?

Update: 5 seconds later I took a look at the NoScript addon in Firefox.

Indeed, unpkg.com has been blocked. unpkg.com: Security and Privacy Info … for which reason this is needed by this card…

Working now. :white_check_mark:

1 Like

Thanks for posting the fix!

I bought this version back in 2018. I’m not sure what its called. Anyone tried this card with it? I looked here: Supported Chart but since I don’t know what it’s called I guess it’s not supported as I don’t see a picture of it there?

Should I give it a go, or would that be a waste of time?

EDIT: After looking at the device comparison chart, it is apparently a:
Fire TV - 3rd Gen (2017)
with a retail name of:
Fire TV with 4K Ultra HD and 1st Gen Alexa Voice Remote, streaming media player

1 Like

Definitely give it a go! Let me know how it works out for you!

I’d love to include official support for this device in the Firemote card if you are willing to help me out a little bit. To get started, just submit a New Device Support Request and fill out as many fields as you can. That will go a long way!

1 Like

Did you get a chance to try it out @PlayedIn? If so, how did it go?

Version 2.1 is available now, with support for Xiaomi Mi devices!!

Haven’t had a chance to test the MI Box 3 yet, the 4 yo has been crook for the past few days so wry tired, maybe tomorrow if I’m allowed the TV lol

hey, so it works on the Box 3, can be bloody slow or non-responsive at times though, will try the firemote commands and see if it acts the same

Just submitted a New Device Support Request. I added an additional comment to provide Device Interrogation results after I corrected the ADB command. Please let me know if there’s more information that would be helpful. Thanks!

Only just discovered this after a post on FB but what a great little integration

I’m only using the app buttons myself and it’s great for my two Android-based TVs and my Nvidia Shield Pro

Now just wondering if I can call the individual apps (button presses) so I can run a script that turns on my tv and then the required app launches directly.

It saves a single click but would be great to know it goes to the correct place and also ups the WAF

FYI there is a faster integration now at Android TV Remote - Home Assistant but I don’t know if it works with Fire TV. The documentation has some YAML code for you to copy paste.

I’m excited about that! We’ve been talking about it since late March in "Android Remote" - PR request in HA Core · PRProd/HA-Firemote · Discussion #61 · GitHub. I was hopeful that it could be used for FireTV devices as well, but right now it doesn’t look like there is support.

I’m in the planning process of creating a way for users of “non-fire” devices to gain some extra speed with their button presses through the new integration. If/when I accomplish that, it will be a REALLY big improvement for NVIDIA Shield users!

It works with the Xiaomi Box 3 & 4, and it is quick!
still can’t turn it on though, that requires Bluetooth, haven’t tried with USB-LAN adaptor for WoL

You could try sideloading https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.tv.remote.service but I doubt it will be that easy since Fire devices in general are missing a lot of Google services. If you manage to make it work please update the integration documentation.