Lovelace: Home Feed Card

I’ll take a look at that when I have more time.

My JSON list doesn’t have a timestamp, is there a way to hide the ‘invalid date’ field?

Have now added custom_updater support.

1 Like

Sorry this is a bit late, but there isn’t a way to had the time field for lists. Do you have an example of what the JSON list looks like, so I can test with it? I may be able to implement something, possibly using the entity modified time if the items in the list don’t have a timestamp.

Have now updated it to make the timestamp_property parameter optional and to default to the entity modified timestamp if it is not supplied.

Thanks, works like a charm!

Have release a new version with a couple of improvements, including a new method of picking up notification updates. See the full details in the edit on the first post.

Do you have any plans to add this to the HACS installer/updater?

It seems to be available now in HACS :+1:

Very useful, thanks!

I’ve just started implementing releases in the repo so, if you’ve installed this using HACS, you may want to reinstall it selecting the latest version from the available versions. This will make updating easier in future and also allow me to release beta versions.

Hi @Steven_Rollason, because of the new sidebar in the next HA release, i’m looking for alternatives to show up the persistent notifications and found your card.

Very nice and usefull.

Would it be possible to show also the title of the notifications in the entries?
I tried it myself in the js, but had no luck.

One hint, seems like the card doesn’t work in the new 0.96.0b1.
If i dismiss a notification in the card, or in the basic notification window, it already shows in the card.
Have to CTRL-F5 to update the card.

Thanks in advance!

I’ll have a look and see if I can add the title in. I suspect that the issue in the 0.86 beta is because I am using the notification icon badge number to detect notification changes (I used to subscribe to notification changes via websockets but this started to cause a lot of errors being logged due to too many pending requests). From what you say, this has changed in the new version which has broken this. I was already considering an alternative method since it can fail if notifications change but the overall count stays the same.

1 Like

@VDRainer I have just created a beta version of the card (0.2.7b1) which uses a different method of detecting notification changes (and will also ensure that notifications are updated at least once every 5 minutes) and also allows you to display the titles of notifications (simply add show_notification_title: true to the config). If you use HACS, you should be able to try this version by selecting “Show Beta” in the options for the card in the store. Otherwise, you can download it from the notification-updates branch.

1 Like

Thank you very much!
Tested under 0.96.0b2 and it works very well.

Hi all,
is possible to show on Home Feed Card an entity only when reach a certain state? For example: to show feed when sensor.something state changes to ON and not when it changes to OFF?
Thank youi

1 Like

I have binary sensors for doors being open or closed.

Without any config it says this:

I wish I could say something more friendly like: Front Door: Closed and Front Door: Opened

Is this possible?

I noticed that it now supports this:

“It will now pick up the icon of an entity if that is defined, rather than just using hard-coded icons”

How do I specify the icon for an entity?

love the card, just curious if there is any way for entries in the card to be maintained for a given entity. For example, if a door opens and closes it would show in the feed both events, currently have it setup and every state change for a monitored entity results in the old entry being removed.

Thanks!

@nilo79 I use the auto-entities card by @thomasloven with the home feed card on my own setup and it works well for that sort of thing.