Lovelace Migration Tool?

I read earlier that there was a migration tool add-on, but I don’t see it in the add-on section (Hassio 0.88.2).

I just added the GoControl thermostat and it shows two, one for cooling and another for heat. After reading the forums, it looks like @enriqg9 created a Lovelace card to combine two into one. So, I wanted to switch to Lovelace.

From the docs, there are two ways to go into Lovelace, add “lovelace” to the config and manually create your own (which I assume the migration tool would help do) or switch fully to Lovelace by selecting Configure UI

As others mentioned, there is a message about taking control, etc and it doesn’t seem any one here knows what it means (By default Home Assistant will maintain your user interface, updating it when new entities or Lovelace components become available. If you take control we will no longer make changes automatically for you.)

So, the question is which is the best way to go to keep my hassio future proof when Lovelace is officially released?

Thx.

By default, Home Assistant automatically adds cards to your interface as you add entities.

When you invoke the UI Editor, it stops adding things automatically. The automatic mode is designed to give beginners a good start,

Once in the UI Editor, the menu lets you access the raw yaml.

@anon34565116, thanks for responding. I have views and groups created a long time ago. It’s been awhile since I’ve modified anything. When choosing the Lovelace UI Editor, will I need to re-create the the cards/views and groups using Lovelace or will it migrate my current setup? I assume my automations should be ok…

Thx.

If you’re running version 0.88.x or greater, you’re already using Lovelace. There’s nothing to migrate. The frontend has already been converted.

Thanks @flamingm0e for the clarification, however why didn’t it create a ui-lovelace.yaml for me, based on what I already had from the old way?

I’m trying to figure out how to add a custom card (Dual Thermostat Card).

I downloaded the code to www folder. Since the ui-lovelace.yaml didn’t exist, I created it and added:
resources:

• url: /local/dual-thermostat/dual-thermostat.js?v=1
    type: js

Then I’m told to put the following in some file, but it’s not clear where:
cards:

• type: custom:dual-thermostat
    name:My Thermostat
    entities:
    cool: climate.linear_gc_tbz48_battery_powered_z_wave_thermostat_cooling_1
    heat: climate.linear_gc_tbz48_battery_powered_z_wave_thermostat_heating_1
    fan_control: true

Thx.

Because it doesn’t use a yaml file unless you tell it to.

You don’t need it.

Use the frontend. Take control and then use the raw editor and put your code in.

If you use the yaml mode you put it in the yaml file

Thanks @flamingm0e, I removed ui-lovelace.yaml, then added the resource lines at the beginning of the of the Raw config file.

Then at end I tried following the thermostat entry that shows two thermostats (hot, cold) to create the dual thermostat, but it states that: t.enteries are not iterable.

• badges: []
    cards:
    - type: ‘custom:dual-thermostat’
    name: My Thermostat
    entities:
    title: MyThermostat

Can you format your code please? I can’t tell if you just have an error in your yaml or if there’s something else

Sorry about that, not familiar with discord and code formatting:

- badges: []
    cards:
      - type: 'custom:dual-thermostat'
        name: My Thermostat
        entities:
    title: MyThermostat

That’s why there tthe big banner st the top of the forum page.

Read the github repo, entity definitions changed in the last release.

#Using entity objects

cards:
  - type: custom:dual-thermostat
    name: Downstairs
    entities:
      - entity: climate.downstairs_cool
        type: cool
      - entity: climate.downstairs_heat
        type: heat
    min_slider: 60
    max_slider: 80

#Using string (First provided entity will define to the cool entity)

cards:
  - type: custom:dual-thermostat
    name: Downstairs
    entities:
      - climate.downstairs_cool
      - climate.downstairs_heat
    min_slider: 60
    max_slider: 80
1 Like

Finally updated mine last night, and came across the same thing. reading the documentation fixed me right up.

enriqg9 Thanks, works after changing to new format. Thanks for creating the dual-thermostat card!