Lovelace: Mini Media Player

Has anyone managed to group several Bose Soundtouch speakers just like Sonos? I saw the squeezebox solution which is fine for my own collection but am also using spotify for my source?

Hello im runing in a bit of trouble with two things. Ive setup the card like this:

- type: custom:mini-media-player
  entity: media_player.spiridon
  artwork: cover
  source: full
  info: scroll
  volume_stateless: true
  hide:
   source: true
  scale: 1.2
  toggle_power: false
  shortcuts:
    hide_when_off: true
    columns: 4
    buttons:
     - type: script
       icon: mdi:netflix
       id: script.turn_on_netflix
       icon: mdi:spotify
       id: script.turn_on_spotify
      icon: mdi:youtube
      id: script.turn_on_youtube 

But when the source of the tv is the spotify app the artwork is just the Spotify logo. Is there a way to make it the current song artwork? Also, again when its on Spotify when I press the “next” button it jumps the amount of seconds ( jump_amount variable ), instead I’d like it to play the next track. The TV is a Samsung QLED

I do not believe the icons have been fixed yet

1 Like

What makes you think that? All fine here.

Oh I guess I missed an update. I got it back working now.

The Github wiki of the Mini Media Player says “HomeAssistant added join/unjoin services to the media_player. Future official integrations will implement these services (which are slightly different from the ones, which are already supported by this card) instead of implementing them in their own domain.”

With Home Assistant 2021.12, the official HEOS integration now supports the join/unjoin service (I believe it is the first one to do so). What I didn’t really understand from the above description: Does the mini media player already support this (and if so, how do I use it), or is it something that is being worked on, or something that will be supported eventually (but not very soon)?

Hope someone could help shed some light on my confusion :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Well, not fixed for me. I have HA 2021.12.5 and mini media player v1.15. I have rest cache on chrome many, many times, and on Home assistant companion (iPhone). I get the buttons to show for a brief time, then they disappear again. It happen in incognito mode and on Android as well. Very frustrating. Please let me know if anyone has figured out a fix. Thanks!

issue on github then please.

Good call. It’s already there:

I was hoping this group might have additional info or solution. I’m waiting patiently :hugs:

Hi I love the mini media player! I’m using it with my Denon HEOS speakers. I added a list of URL streams that works great except that they don’t have any artwork (album covers) associated with them. Does anyone know how to pull in the artwork associated with a URL stream?

Here is the player playing the URL from the list:

Here is the player playing my Favorites from the button:

Thanks in advance

Hi, I have the following setup below grouping range of Chromecast speakers. But when i press the join button don’t do any. Of course i press when i’m playing music

Can you help me? :wave:

type: custom:mini-media-player
entity: media_player.ytube_music_player
hide:
  shuffle: false
  icon_state: false
artwork: material
source: full
speaker_group:
  platform: media_player
  show_group_count: true
  entities:
    - entity_id: media_player.ytube_music_player
    - entity_id: media_player.hksala
      name: Sala
    - entity_id: media_player.nestcocina
      name: Nest Cocina
    - entity_id: media_player.nestninas
      name: Nest Niñas
    - entity_id: media_player.nestpasillo
      name: Nest Pasillo
name: YOUTUBE MUSIC
volume_stateless: false
group: false

1 Like

Is chromecast a “supported multiroom audio systems”

if your reply is a question, yes, chromecast is a multiroom system, please help me!!

1 Like

No it’s not. Chromecast is not a ‘supported multiroom system’. Just read the docs.

To clear up any confusion: Yes, Chromecast supports multiroom, but only within Google Home app. You can’t pair/unpair Chromecast speakers using other software, like Home Assistant. That’s why it’s not a ‘supported multiroom system’ and isn’t on that list on the docs.

1 Like

Actually generic media_player is in the list. But the question is whether the chrome integration supports join/unjoin. See Media Player - Home Assistant

Edit: yamaha musiccast and roon seem to be the only integrations that support grouping.

1 Like

It’s not supported (never has been) and isn’t with latest 12.7 either (just tested it to be safe).

To clarify: Multiroom with Google Cast only works within Google Home. So you need to create groups within Google Home, which then can be exposed as a separate media_player using the Google Cast integration. Basically you pre-define your groups by creating group speakers with Google Home and then expose that to Home Assistant. Casting to this media_player, then plays on all the group speakers, but is actually handled by Google Home. HA just sends a stream to the media_player that is actually the group and can’t control the speakers individually in the group.

Unfortunately I often had issues that group media_player would randomly become unavailable within Home Assistant. Only a HA restart fixed it. Also it’s impossible to link/unlink speakers on the fly through Home Assistant. I have 8 Google Home speakers around my home and only use them for TTS and voice commands now since I switched to Logitech Media Server (which does support true Multiroom with on the fly join/unjoin).

2 Likes

LMS is great.

2 Likes

I thought it was multiroom because the platform is “media_player.”
I have some groups in Google home but they would make many entities to make all the combinations.
Thanks for the information @ ASNNetworks

What is LMS? @ nickrout

Logitech Media Server.

1 Like