Lovelace: Mini Media Player

I guess you figured it out already, but you forgot to specify type: custom-mini-media-player.

Yes, you’re right… :grinning: :ok_hand:

1 Like

@kalkih Thank you for your hard work. Very flexible and easy to design with!

2 Likes

How you did it??? Very nice…

Thanks! Code posted here: DinoTech's Tablet Designs[video-UPDATE-04.27.2020!]

Anyone know if its possible to put just the minimedia player inside an iframe so I could show it on a tileboard?

https://community.home-assistant.io/t/tileboard-new-dashboard-for-homeassistant/

Hi @kalkih
I somehow ended up on a non lovelace view of my UI recently and saw the old big ugly big media player boxes, it reminded me of how good your component is and how I got used to seeing it as my default one.
Do you have any plans to make this an official component?

Hi,

i love the options for the media-player, nice work!

With the theme I used, the power button disappears as soon as the media player is switched on. Which parameter in the theme controls the color of the active power button?

THX

I’ve got the question before and I’ve given it some thought and I feel like it would limit me when it comes to adding features, making changes e.g. Since I wouldn’t be in charge anymore.

However, if anyone wants to convert this project into typescript and contribute it to core HA I would welcome it.

Thank you!

By default the power button doesn’t change color, but if you’ve set power_color to true in the cards config and the device is on it will change to the color of the accent-color theme variable.

hey how did you solve this issue I having the same error
Thanks

The solution can be found one post below the post you replied to.

I followed those steps didnt work

Those steps worked for me.

Did you put the correct resource reference path in ui-lovelace.yaml, so that it points to the location where you saved mini-media-player-bundle.js.

Make sure you’ve cleared the cache.

Which OS/Browser are you running on?

what am i doing wrong here…

im trying to load this for the first time and following the instructions.

i have copied the mini-media-player-bundle.js into my www folder and the resource details into my lovelace raw editors. is that all there is to it? just go into the lovelace configure UI and create the card, thats what ive tried and cant get it to work.

i also have javascript_version: latest in my config.yaml

i checked the log and it had this:

019-01-10 21:41:27 ERROR (MainThread) [frontend.js.latest.201812112] https://xxxx/local/mini-media-player-bundle.js?v=0.9.8:1:53534 Uncaught NotSupportedError: Failed to execute 'define' on 'CustomElementRegistry': this name has already been used with this registry

im a bit of a newbie so dont really have any idea!

Do you have more than one reference to mini-media-player.js or mini-media-player-bundle.js?

not that i can see? where else could/would i be referencing it?

In your lovelace raw configuration under resources.
The error seem to indicate that a custom element named mini-media-player already was defined.

Would be great if you could send me the complete raw configuration.

wasnt sure if there was anything too sensitive in there, so i PM’d you

1 Like

What is the syntax to play a videofile as a media_button if I use kodi?

media_buttons:

• name: test
    type: video
    url: ?

Can I use smb instead of url? Or can I call a service or a script?