Lovelace: Mini Media Player

Hello, I hope anyone can help me. How can show on mini media player card the source list and media browser icon? I see source list only. The media player view media browser icon, but can not view source list.

Ah, okay! Was too focussed on the custom card docs. Now tried 1000 times to get into work and got super-annoyed.

There is an example in the docs.

Example of calling media_player service with title and image set:

entity_id: media_player.chromecast
service: media_player.play_media
data:
  media_content_type: music
  media_content_id: "https://fake-home-assistant.io.stream/aac"
  extra:
    thumb: "https://brands.home-assistant.io/_/homeassistant/logo.png"
    title: HomeAssitantRadio

I know. But that does not work for the subtitle

And unfortunately the extra attribute with name and thumb donā€™t work for my sonos speaker. It works for my google miniā€™s. So i was hoping someone knew how the syntax of the map datatype with the GenericMediaMetadata worked.

What is an example of your subtitle setting? And what are you expecting to see?

Screenshot 2021-05-20 at 11.40.03

The title says sonos. But i want to change the subtitle below the title. Itā€™s the media_artist attribute.

How to set center position of source list button ā€œMX Playerā€ ?
When i change the height this button going upper and i cant set center position.

card_mod: 
    style: |
      ha-card {
      height: 50px;
      font-size: 20px !important;
      }

Aaah it WAS working ā€¦ now the volume buttons just change the volume of 1 speaker ?
Iā€™ve rebooted HA, sync_volume is set to true in the speaker group options :sleepy:

guys, whatā€™s the lasted on grouping and cotrolling as a group google cast devices (google home mini, nest hub, chromecast etc)? Is it now supported?

Really? Canā€™t read the docs? GitHub - kalkih/mini-media-player: Minimalistic media card for Home Assistant Lovelace UI

OK Iā€™ll repeat it here

Speaker group object

See Speaker group management for example usage.

Supported platforms

• sonos
  • soundtouch
  • squeezebox2
  • bluesound2
  • snapcast2
  • musiccast_yamaha1
  • linkplay3

From a Google standpoint the functionality exists. ie: using the Google Home app you can transfer music between speakers / add more speakers to what is currently playing etc. However that hasnā€™t been implemented anywhere in HA that I know of.

Would it be possible to be able to add a camera stream as a background for the media player? I know itā€™s not possible currently but the reason I ask is the Hyperion integration is going to get a new feature added where it can stream the content of the capture card to HA which will provide a realtime stream of whatever is playing on a TV. I would like to use this as the background of my media players instead of having to use a seperate card.

My Devices were auto discoveredā€¦I have not defined them in configuration.yaml.

So to see if it makes a difference you may give it a try and define one in configuration.yaml.

what are you using for the apps on this screen?

Question for the gurus in the threadā€¦

Iā€™ve got lots of media players set up on conditional cards and working well BUT Id like one or two final tweaks to make it perfect.

Iā€™ve for a Playbar attached to a TV and whenever that TV is in use, the playbar shows as active and playing back and displays as a custom mini media playerā€¦BUT I donā€™t really want to see it if itā€™s being used for media (video) audio as it shows no detail, other than TV (see screenshot)

So is there a way I can have a condition in place so if itā€™s showing TV as the outputā€¦it still doesnā€™t showā€¦but of course if it is playing back audio, it will display as it does now but also show what is playing like it does now?

Update - think Ive worked this first part outā€¦I stacked a conditional card onto another conditional card to say IF the Playbar is playing but so is the media player (in this case an Apple TV) donā€™t show the Playbar output, but if the ATV isnā€™t playing, display the output of the Playbarā€¦quick test gives what I think are the required resultsā€¦more checking tomorrow when kids arenā€™t asleep

Second thing is, Iā€™ve recently added a Shield TV Pro to my setup and canā€™t get it to display the artwork of whatever video is being played back, be it PLex or Netflixā€¦nothing ever displays artwork in any formatā€¦Im guessing I might just be missing something so thought Id ask the crew that probably knows IN a kind of second part of this oneā€¦as you can see from the above screengrab, this AppleTV doesnt show its playing netflix, but if I click on the media player it doesā€¦anyway to show that on the card itself without clicking?

Hi Guys,

I would like to send the radio to my google homeā€¦

it works fine except that itā€™s not displaying the coverā€¦ any idea why ?

type: 'custom:mini-media-player'
entity: media_player.salle_de_bain
artwork: full-cover
shortcuts:
  columns: 1
  buttons:
    - icon: 'mdi:radio'
      type: music
      name: Radio Contact
      id: 'http://audiostream.rtl.be/contactfr192'
volume_stateless: true
source: icon
sound_mode: icon

and for completeness, when I ask it directly to Google Home, the cover is well displayedā€¦

Hi all,

All my speakers are Google Home miniā€™s or cast devices.
I want to be able to select a single device as the ā€œtarget deviceā€ to cast to (say using google tts).

Iā€™ve tried using the shortcuts option, but I canā€™t figure out how to this should work and how to select the speaker to cast to. All the docs seem to refer to sonos, which is not applicable for Google Cast, as grouping does not work.

Any tips really appreciated!