Lovelace: Mini Media Player

What is that?

The three vertical bars on the right side of this image move up and down indicating that this device is actively playing music. Not looking for exactly the same look, but some visual indication that this particular device is actively playing music (besides just seeing a pause vs. play button).

Got it.

This didnā€™t get far. šŸ’ˆ Animated icons

Maybe via some sort of CSS?

Thanks Nick. The custom buttons looks like it may work, but now I need to figure out how to put it all together. Any pointers on how to do this with the mini-media player card?

How did you integrate Pandora Radio?
I canā€™t find a way that works with HassOS

Iā€™d also like to ask if thereā€™s a way to get mini media player to show the songs in the playlist so I can choose which song to play?

If you are using SONOS then this can be achieved by adding your playlist to SONOS favorites. The SONOS favorites is the Source list in this Mini Media Player

Thanks for the reply. But no Iā€™m not using Sonos

Is it possible to set the sonos favourites as button?
If yes, how?

What you mean with ā€œsource listā€ ? Can you share an example how to put sonos favorites in a source list?

Can you share the code you use for this?
Thanksā€¦

I donā€™t have any examples as I changed from the mini media player over to the Sonos Player, it offers so many more options if youā€™re using a Sonos setup and is very easy to setup and maintain.

1 Like

I just started playing around with this and set up a player with buttons that choose different Spotify playlists. Since I am using chromecasts and home miniā€™s it appears the only way to include or exclude various speakers is to create groups in the Home app and then use the media_player that gets created with those groups. However in my current button setup it only allows for the name of one media_player. Would it be possible to pass a variable to the Device_Name so that an input_select could be created with a list of all the media_players and choose a value to play in the mini_media_player? Then I could pick and choose the media_players based on the groups I created that should be playing. Unless there is another way to accomplish this?

buttons: 
    - name: Christmas 
      type: service 
      icon: mdi:music 
      id: spotcast.start 
      data: 
          device_name: ChromecastAudio.   <- pass a variable/data template here?
          uri: spotify:playlist:37i9dQxxxx

Yes, it can be done, but youā€™ll have to use this to achieve what you want.

Hi all - Is it possible to define a static image to be displayed in place of the album art if not art is available? Thanks.

Thanks, this worked!

1 Like

I tried searching for an answer to this but didnā€™t see anything. I am noticing a delay with the cover artwork changing when the next song begins and sometimes it doesnā€™t change at all (using Spotify). If I do a refresh of the lovelace page it immediately changes to the next songā€™s artwork. Is there something I can change that would control this that should be changed? I notice too that the not only is the artwork not moving to the next song the song title and progress bar arenā€™t changing.

Could it have anything to do with having this card in a stack-in-card or since maybe I am using the config-template-card could that have any impact?

Did you check the docs?

1 Like

Yes, of course. This is the relevant section as far as I can tell:

Thereā€™s also this issue.

So, itā€™s looking like the answer is no. But, thereā€™s often a way around ā€œnoā€ with HA. Or, I may have just missed it.

You can set a background image.

Thanks, but Iā€™m using artwork: full_cover and am looking to use substitute album art to maintain the size/shape/look of the card, for example when there is nothing in the queue rather than to have as a full card background.

EDIT: Solution here Lovelace: Mini Media Player - #2771 by ronschaeffer