Lovelace: Mini Media Player

Not sure, is there artwork available? does it work in the default media-control card?
Do you have the theme variable --paper-item-icon-color set to a white color?
Can’t see what card modder styles you got in there but make sure they don’t interfere.

No, Look for the source attribute or one of the strings in the source_list attribute.

Ok after a restart the artwork came again, but why i cannot use the volume slider? It is blocked…

Check /dev-state, does it have a valid volume_level attribute?

It has volume_level: 0

Send me all attributes of the entity please.

Volume is muted?

Hmmm… how to set it ? I don’t have anything related to volume in configuration

You press the speaker button in the bottom left of the card.

Yes, but nothing change… always blocked

The volume slider is disabled because your echo entity has the attribute is_volume_muted set to true.

Ok solved… i changed volume in the device and the slider now is unblocked… Thanks

I’m trying to get the Alexa TTS working with your custom card. I have Keaton Taylor’s Alexa custom component installed and have added show_tts: alexa to the card config but it doesn’t show up. Not sure if it matters but am using Hassio 0.87.1.

Howdy, thanks for this awesome player
i’m using Volumio with a DAC as a Spotify player, is it possible to add song progress bar ?
this is my line:

- type: custom:mini-media-player
    entity: media_player.volumio
    artwork: cover
    source: icon
    progress: true
    power_color: true

TTS was reworked in version 1.0.0 of the card, the tts option was renamed to tts and takes an object, to allow for more parameters, see TTS object.

Here’s an example

- type: custom:mini-media-player
  entity: media_player.example
  tts:
    platform: google
    language: en # optional, defaults to language set in the tts component
    entity_id: all # optional, defaults to the entity of the card

Heya,
Unfortunately doesn’t seem like the Volumio component exposes the required attributes. media_duration, media_position and media_position_updated_at are all required to calculate the progress bar.

1 Like

Kodi should work from what I can tell from looking at the Kodi component source code.

1 Like

Thank you. Works great. Thank you for your hard work making/maintaining this.

1 Like

You got it working after changing the code? I still am having problems with tts alexa, no way to have it working…

Can someone tell me why I do not have anything when choosing a source? A single source appears in the selection only as it is activated, for example by voice. I would like to be able to switch from the HA level to the given playlist on a given speaker. I use google home mini and jbl.

I have already added aliases to the spotify component:

media_player:

• platform: spotify
    client_id: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    client_secret: xxxxxxxxxxxx
    aliases:
    87ad59907c114b6xxxxxxxxxxxxx: ‘Biuro’
    7927cdd6c15444xxxxxxxxxxxxx: ‘Salon’
    a4d884eb7xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: ‘Sypialnia’
    446a8fb668xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: ‘Natalka’