Lovelace: Mini Media Player

Hi @kalkih,
what do you mean by see it in context. This is all I can do because when I try to save it I get an error.
I try to edit this in the RAW-Editor. Than save it but this error instead of saving it.

I need to see the yaml surrounding those lines (below preferably), that’s what I mean with in context.

Here my lovelace from Raw Editor

raw.yaml (2.7 KB)

Okay, I’ve never used the raw editor, but here’s what it should look like (correct indentation is very important).
Also, the url should point to /local/... and not /config/www/... , even though this path doesn’t exist on the drive. local = config/www.

resources:
  - url: /local/mini-media-player-bundle.js
    type: module
views:
  - cards:

Thanks, was able to reproduce, seems to only throw errors occasionally, fix will be in the next release.

Yep, I know but that is were it goes wrong.
When I do so I get the error. No idea why!
May anyone have an answer I would be very happy.
I like this mini_player very much.

Very strange, if you are sure you are inserting it with correct indentation, I’m honesty not sure what the issue could be.

Hi all,

can someone please telle me if it is possible to combine mini media player with monster card?

My objective is to have a dinamic container that show which players are active using mini media player.

Thank you in advance!

I’ve done it using monster card - see Lines 311 to 319 in the following link

https://github.com/bacco007/HomeAssistant-Config/blob/6c0cc8eb6761292efdc1d621b525c227e3daaec7/ui-lovelace.yaml#L311

3 Likes

I found it! It should not be on top of the file but at the end.
Now I can save it. Next step is to see if it works. :smiley:

1 Like

Greetings. I am new to home assistant by way of openHAB (let’s not discuss the conversion). I use the squeezebox player almost exclusively for playing long podcasts and even longer audio books. The media controls within home assistant and this minimal player offer start/resume, pause, previous, and next. They do not offer “seek” (i.e., rewind and fast forward). I am often distracted and need to rewind my player to catch a part of my book that I have missed. The SUPPORT_SEEK seems to be set in the code for squeezebox, but I am unable to find any media player control that provides that functionality to the user. I understand that I can create custom controls, but, at this point in time, I do not have the experience or knowledge to proceed. Can you consider this request to add a seek feature. (((As a separate issue, I am dreaming of a bookmark feature which would allow me to suspend playing a podcast and then resume, even on a different player. This would parrot the ability that I have with the mythtv frontend. I understand that this latter idea is beyond the current media player interface, but perhaps somebody else is thinking about this, too.)))

Hello and welcome!
I did actually add support for seek not too long ago.
This does however only work for components who expose the following attributes:

• media_duration
  • media_position
  • media_position_updated_at

and supports seek, which I believe the squeezebox component does.

You’ll want to tap/press on the progress bar to move to desired media position, see gif below.

2 Likes

Thank you for your quick response. I am sorry that I did not find your release notes with my google searches. I have just now installed the latest version and made changes to my configuration and ui-lovelace. It is now working. Great progress on my long list of things to do. I appreciate all you have done for this lovelace card. Tack sa mycket.

Well, I should probably add information about this feature in the documentation, I believe the only place I ever mention support for seek is in the release notes.

As for the bookmark feature idea, that’s something that would have to be added in the backend first.

You’re very welcome :wink:

thank you, it worked!

Why having artwork: full-cover in both devices chromecast audio and google home i get the entity_picture with full cover only on google home and not at all to chromecast audio when streaming from tunein?

I have HA buttons for TV control (broadlink rm3 mini). Is it possible to trigger the button switch.channel_1 from the mini media player buttons ?

If you have a script or create one that triggers what you want, then yes, see this example

thank you. It works very well

1 Like

Is it already or would it be possible to add the option to show app_name for the recently released android tv component? It’s custom right now but will be added to core I belive.