Lovelace: Mini Media Player

How to reduce the size of the font inside the shortcuts?

Clear cache, make sure your resource reference is up to date and matching whatā€™s specified in HACS.
You can double check the card version your browser is loading by opening up the browser developer console and look for mini media player version in the console output.

Card mod or by forking this card and changing the source code.

I donā€™t know how to check the resource reference, but after clearing the cache without luck, I just re-installed the mini media player, and that did the trick.

Hmmm can you tell me which syntax to use with card-mod for that?
I mean about shortcuts fontsā€¦

Sorry, donā€™t have time, but youā€™ll need to pierce through the shadow dom, since the buttons are actual components & the shortcut block is a component as well.
Check the advanced instructions in card-mod.

First, great work! Keep it up, please.
Now, how can I get second row in shortcuts buttons? Thereā€™s example showing itā€™s clearly possible, but thereā€™s no clue what the syntax should be to achieve thatā€¦

Hello ! Sorry I am French and I use the translator. I love your card! : star_struck:
With mod-card I change the radius of the card without any problem.
But, I canā€™t change the radius of the background ā€¦
I need a 0px radius but the background remains at 20px ā€¦: roll_eyes:
I am using this code:

• style: | *
  • ha-card {*
  • border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0px; *
    *}

Perfect for the card but not the background ā€¦: pensive:

Thank you

This is a really lovely card - Iā€™m just getting into HA and love how clean and easy this card make it to see all your media devices at the same time.

I was hoping someone with a little more experience of Mini Media Player could give me advice. Iā€™m trying to replicate the ā€˜grouped cardsā€™ example from the github page. The code under the example image doesnā€™t actually produce the same card as the image for me so Iā€™ve been experimenting with the code below: This is nearly there but I would like to be able to hide the album artwork on the players except the top one so that they only show the mdi:cast-audio icon when playing, as in the github example image. Currently they all show the same artwork which I canā€™t seem to override:

mini media player

Is there anything obviously wrong with the code below that is stopping this from happening?

type: entities
entities:
  - type: 'custom:mini-media-player'
    entity: media_player.downstairs
    info: scroll
    hide:
      volume: true
      power: true
    entity: media_player.kitchen
    icon: mdi:cast-audio
    group: true
    hide:
      controls: true
      progress: true
    entity: media_player.dining_room
    icon: mdi:cast-audio
    hide:
    entity: media_player.living_room_tv
    hide:

From a few posts up this thread

Code

Hint: use group: true

Hi Krzysztof,

Did you find already a solution for the stream problem?
I have the same problemā€¦

Hi there,

Iā€™m trying to add some radio channel shortcuts to the mini media player, but they donā€™t want to work.
Anyone have an idea what is wrong with the code?

artwork: full-cover
entity: media_player.marantz_nr1510
idle_view: when_idle
info: scroll
max_volume: 100
name: Radio
shortcuts:
  align_text: center
  buttons:
    - id: 'http://icecast.vrtcdn.be/mnm-high.mp3'
      name: MNM
      type: channel
    - id: 'http://playerservices.streamtheworld.com/api/livestream-redirect/JOE.mp3'
      name: JOE
    - id: 'http://playerservices.streamtheworld.com/api/livestream-redirect/JOE.mp3'
      name: 90's
    - id: 'http://icecast.vrtcdn.be/stubru-high.mp3'
      name: Stu Bru
  columns: 4
sound_mode: full
type: 'custom:mini-media-player'
volume_stateless: false

HA-radio

I was going to ask if it would it be possible to add a theme option to disable the shortcut buttons box shadow, but there is already a feature request open for this (though not well titled).

Is there somehow I can get the Next/Previous buttons working with Youtube Music?
The Play/Pause and Set Volume works fine.

Hi,
I have two Sonos speakers and a Spotify and would like to know if following configuration is possible with Mini Media Player for me.

Basically, I would like to control the music on the spotify and pick single or multiple speakers to play to.
Speaker grouping is kind of what I want, but then I have master speaker to which I always have to play. I want to be able to pick any single speaker to play to. Is this possible with my setup or should I look elsewhere?

Just mute the master speaker if you donā€™t want it playing.

I have a full Sonos setup in my living room and couple of Sonos Oneā€™s troughout the house.
To ā€˜fixā€™ your problem i made buttons per room to start playing to that individual room.
In this setup you make the first speaker that starts playing the ā€˜masterā€™ of your complete setup.
If you want to add a speaker, simply group them.
Here you can see that Office is the ā€˜masterā€™ so i start playing a stream straight to that particular speaker and added the living room speakers afterwards.

office
Ofcourse you can do that the other way around and for every speaker you have in your house.

2 Likes

Thanks for the replay! I am not sure I fully get it just yet. Do you mean that you have a specific media player card for each room or you only have one? Also, on the first photo I see your master speaker that is disabled from removing but on the second everything is clickable. I am not sure how did you archive that? Where are the buttons to play in specific rooms?

If you could share some yaml that would be very helpful!

Yes, every room has itā€™s own card. You cannot remove by clicking the checkbox because that speaker is not the master. The Office speaker is. In that case you should use the "leaveā€™ā€™ button so you degroup the livingroom. The Office speaker continues in that case.
I mean these buttons:

SLAM!, Radio 538 and Radio 2 are scripts. There scripts start a Sonos Radio station to, in this case, the Living Room speakers.
Use somthing this for your Lovelace card:

shortcuts:
          buttons:
            - data:
                entity_id: script.1560158655836
              icon: 'mdi:radio'
              id: script.turn_on
              name: SLAM!
              type: service
            - data:
                entity_id: script.1560178621235
              name: Radio 538
            - data:
                entity_id: script.1560178774058
              name: Radio 2

Indentation is a bit offā€¦
(donā€™t mind the script names i think newly created scripts now have names since 0.113)

For your script you can use something like this:

'1560158655836':
  alias: Sonos SLAM! Living Room
  sequence:
  - data:
      entity_id: media_player.sonos_woonkamer
      volume_level: '0.03'
    service: media_player.volume_set
  - data:
      entity_id: media_player.sonos_woonkamer
      source: SLAM!
    service: media_player.select_source

Make use to add your favorite playlist from Spotify to your favorites in the Sonos app so these will get exposed as a ā€˜sourceā€™ in Home Assistant.

Good luck!

2 Likes

Hey guys, quick question. Iā€™m having issues with the mini media player card not showing album art.
I have this line:

artwork: cover

But itā€™s not pulling in the album cover. Anyone know whats up there?

HI all, I recently started using IOS theme and very happy with the way it customises all cards with ease, the exception though is Mini Media Player. I have tried playing around with mini-media-player-base-color but it doesnā€™t seem to have any effect??

The theme has dark and light modes, in dark made MMP is fine but in light mode everything turns whiteā€¦

Below is an expample but I have about 4 MMP cards and they all do the sameā€¦

entity: media_player.googlehome3329
hide:
  info: true
  power: true
icon: 'mdi:google-home'
name: Google Home
tts:
  platform: google
type: 'custom:mini-media-player'