Lovelace: Mini Media Player

I’m sorry. I did test this with the wrong media player. You are, of course, right it is supported.
An enhancement could indeed be to show this on the player itself.

Hi guys,

this code from git dosent work for me :

- type: entities
            entities:
              - type: custom:mini-media-player
                entity: media_player.multiroom_player
                group: true
                source: icon
                info: short
                hide:
                  volume: true
                  power: true
                entity: media_player.kitchen_speakers
                hide:
                  controls: true
                entity: media_player.bathroom_speakers
                hide:
                entity: media_player.bedroom_speakers
                hide:
                entity: media_player.patio_speakers
                hide:

error:
unknown type encountered: entities

This might be a silly question, but is there a way to make the card larger (taller)? It’s pretty small by default.

Perhaps the clue is in the name :slight_smile: mini media player.

If you make album art full size, the card will be bigger.

1 Like

how do you call the source for this shortcuts? , they are on the list but cant change it with the shortcuts… help :grinning:
player

what am I doing wrong?

type: 'custom:mini-media-player'
entity: media_player.samsungtv_livingroom
artwork: cover
show_source: true
shortcuts:
  buttons:
    - icon: 'mdi:plex'
      type: service
      name: Plex
      id: media_player.select_source
      data:
        entity_id: media_player.samsungtv_livingroom
        source: 'plex'

In my config file

- platform: samsungtv_tizen
    host: 192.168.1.118
    port: 8002
    mac: "5C:49:7D:XX:XX:XX"
    source_list: '{"Hdmi-1": "KEY_HDMI1", "Receiver": "KEY_HDMI4"}'
    app_list: '{"Netflix": "11101200001", "YouTube": "111299001912", "Plex": "3201512006963", "Spotify": "3201606009684", "Internet": "org.tizen.browser"}'
    name: 'SamsungTv Livingroom' 

Edit:
Found my mistake in the source list:, it is case sensitive so it was ‘Plex’
all works now.
a very fun and useful card :slight_smile:

First up, this is one of the nicest cards around and so very useful for multiple media players, so many thanks to the devs!

Not sure if this is a bug, if anyone else has the same issue, or if I’m missing something basic here, but the Shuffle button doesn’t seem to work properly on Logitech Squeezbox players…

I’ve set shuffle: false under hide: and the shuffle symbol displays OK, but on a Squeezbox player it is always lit (on); clicking it turns shuffle off on the player, but it remains lit on mini-media-player, and clicking it again doesn’t turn it back on - it only switches shuffle off if it is already on.

The MMP shuffle button works as expected on my Sonos media players - it toggles the state and the icon changes colour, but not on my Squeezebox players. I’ve verified the Squeezebox players respond correctly to the media_player.shuffle_set service calls and they do.

My workaround at the moment is to use two shortcut buttons to make the service call, but it would be good if the icon could update to show correctly :slight_smile:

How do I get a shortcut to bring up an entity’s more-info pop-up?

Not like this obviously (it does not work):

shortcuts:
      buttons:
        - icon: 'mdi:surround-sound'
          id: input_select.lounge_surround_mode
          name: Surround Mode
          type: more-info
      columns: 2
      hide_when_off: true

It seems every few months someone comes to ask this same question…

I can’t get Mini Media Player to work. Running 0.115.5. I installed with HACS, then did it manually, and I keep getting the “Custom element doesn’t exist: mini-media-player.” error.

I’ve tried using different URLs for the js file through the Lovelace Resources tab, editing the raw file in the GUI. Nothing works. I’ve also tried using the ’ in different places in the card config

"type: 'custom:mini-media-player'".

Did this break in the latest version? What am I missing?

EDIT: So, when you install via HACS, it tells you to add “url: /path/file.js”, and when I added it through the Lovelace Dashboard, I kept the “url:” part of the path, so obviously it’s broken. Unfortunately there is no message anywhere that tells you about this error. Is there no debug?

1 Like

Is this card able to play Spotify music linked to my Spotify account through my Google Home?

Yes, same as it is possible with the standard media player card.

• Spotify integration needs to be installed
  • Then create a card for it using the mini-media-player

Device to play on is selectable in drop down

I agree, an option to have it directly to the card would rock

Strange thing is though, if i click on it now through the more info… the media browser is empty
if i click on it, of the media player spotify
all is there…

i would want to have one media player and then be able to browse the spotify media browser, and then able to chose the output media player (been google home products (so cast…) AND sonos
But not sure how to do this
If i click on media browser in the left panel, i have to chose the player… but cant select output

Has anyone been successful at creating a sonos playlist card such as this one

I am trying to create something similar and would be grateful if someone who has done this would share the Lovelace config. The author says he is using a mini-media-player , but I am not seeing how that is possible. @kalkih are you able to chime in on this? Having the ability to do exactly what the author mentions in his post is my goal.

Why don’t you ask the author?

But google devices are not shown by default as sources for the spotify plugin right? That’s why spotcast is needed? Or am I wrong? @_pm

Mart, they are indeed not shown. I did not look into that, guess it is not related to the mini-media-player. The devices I use for playing music are showing up, using the spotty plugin of Logitech Media Server (raspberry pi’s with HifiBerry amp running picoreplayer, squeezebox classic and also a Marantz amplifier which has spotify connect functionality).

I have reached out to the author in hopes that I will hear something back. but given the size of the community I wanted to see if anyone else was successful with building such a card and setup or is the author for mini media player could provide some insights on how to go about building the playlist card.

i think we all want the same

Able to browse spotiffy (or other music service) then select the output media player (every sort: cast devices, sonos and other) and play it / control it

But that cant be done with one card
:stuck_out_tongue:

I have just integrated the Spotify to my HA and there is a new media player entity created for Spotify but yet to integrate this mini media player. However, I don’t know how to play songs through my Google Home. What i want is to select songs in the media player card and play through my Google Home.

Can someone here advise me how can I do that? Thanks in advance.

Hello,
I have a PC software (TuneBlade) to cast the PC audio stream to my SONOS speakers, and it sends either no artwork or a transparent one.
Anyway, when using the new “material” artwork option for your mini media player card, and if I have a white theme, most of the card buttons become invisible because they are white.
It’s perhaps a use case that is not handled correctly by the material option and it results in a wrong color choice.

The screen captures below show the problem: The only difference between the two is the theme
Capture d’écran (23)
Capture d’écran (22)

Some days ago, the play/next/previous button in my mini-media-player installation became unresponsive. Changing the volume or using the shortcut buttons still works fine, strangely enough. I am using the latest mini-media-player with HACS controlling SONOS devices. Does anybody have the same issue?