Lovelace: Mini Media Player

Anyone had issues with the buttons disappearing?

Happening in any theme, browser etc.

Love this card and got it working with a Denon HEOS system using the Denon HEOS integration.
Already automatically shows a dropdown list with the Denon player for the source which works fine, but would like to have a few buttons as shortcut to another source.

The media_player.denon has an attribute ā€œsourcelistā€ with the comma sperated items

entities:
  - artwork: full-cover
    entity: media_player.denon
    group: true
    shortcuts:
      buttons:
        - icon: 'mdi:arrow-top-right-thick'
          id: 'media_player.denon.source_list:"Arrow Classic Rock"'
          type: source
        - icon: 'mdi:newspaper-variant-outline'
          id: 'media_player.denon.source_list:"BNR Nieuwsradio"'
        - icon: 'mdi:weather-night'
          id: >-
            media_player.denon.source_list:"Sky Radio 101 FM 101.5 (Adult
            Contemporary Music)"
      columns: 4
    source: icon
    type: 'custom:mini-media-player'

This doesnā€™t work, what am I missing?

Hi!

I have read a lot of discussions about Mini Medi Player and can see that the main purpose is to play music and I have also easily got it working with Sonos. Though, my intention is to stream security cameras to Chromecast connected to a TV and that has not been successful so far. Is it possible at all? Is MMP only a very nice interface between source and receiver or does it have itā€™s own ā€œintelligenceā€ which might complicate things when it comes to cameras?

I have four different types of cameras and all of them are configured in HA and stream in Lovelace cards. I have also tried to use the developer tool to stream one camera to a Chromecast unit and that also works. When I use MMP I get the cast icon on my TV, but nothing else and I have tried a lot of shortcut configurations in MMP. Sometimes I get a error message dependig of my shortcut config, but they are not of so much help.

Camera setup in HA:
- platform: foscam
    ip: 192.168.0.70
    username: !secret testcam_user
    password: !secret testcam_psw
    rtsp_port: 88
    name: Testcam

Please note that I needed to specify port 88 (which is standard http port) as a RTSP port to get it working.

Lovelace configuration which works perfect:
type: picture-glance
title: Testcam
entities:
  - entity: camera.testcam
camera_image: camera.testcam
tap_action:
  action: call-service
  service: camera.play_stream

It would be very helpful if someone has succeeded in this or has other information in order to make it work for me.

Iā€™m not a 100% sure that I follow what you want to do but MMP isnā€™t a player in the way I think you think. Think of it as a remote control for a device and to display metadata about what that device is playing. MMP wonā€™t stream and display your video.

Is there a way to create a single shortcut buttons list and then use that list for multiple media players?

After a couple of dayā€™s I found a solution for me.
The ON OFF button of my NR1510 is working and I can select the Heos channels that are stored in the avr.
I have put some shortcut buttons that play internet radio channels.
The avr Denon 1510 entity is media_player.marantz_nr1510_2
The Heos entity is media_player.marantz_nr1510

type: vertical-stack
cards:
  - type: media-control
    entity: media_player.marantz_nr1510_2
    name: Radio
  - type: 'custom:mini-media-player'
    entity: media_player.marantz_nr1510
    artwork: full-cover
    icon: none
    hide:
      controls: false
      info: false
      power: true
      prev: true
      play_pause: true
      next: true
      name: true
      show_header_toggle: true
    max_volume: 100
    name: Radio
    shortcuts:
      align_text: center
      buttons:
        - id: 'http://icecast.vrtcdn.be/mnm_hits.aac'
          name: MNM
          type: music
        - id: >-
            http://playerservices.streamtheworld.com/api/livestream-redirect/JOE.mp3
          name: JOE
        - id: >-
            http://playerservices.streamtheworld.com/api/livestream-redirect/JOE.mp3
          name: 90's
        - id: 'http://icecast.vrtcdn.be/stubru.aac'
          name: Stu Bru
    sound_mode: full
    style: |
      ha-card {
         --ha-card background: rgba(0,0,0,0.4);
      }
    volume_stateless: false

2 Likes

I got it solved.
You should replace type: playlist by type: music, for me that did the trickā€¦

Hello!

Yes, that worked!

Dank U wel!

In short I want to pick one camera from a list of four and view the stream on a TV with Chromecast. It works in HA development tool by using this short code and I would like to have it in MMP but for four cameras. As mentioned above it also works in Lovelace.

entity_id: camera.testcam
media_player: media_player.chromecast_test
format: hls

Could you draw a diagram of your setup (how the components are connected physically, including where HA fits into the picture)?

I went back to your original post and still think thereā€™s a misunderstanding.

The following would work: If you have a TV with cameras connected to it (as sources) then you can use the card to select the source ā€“ given you have a media player for the TV. What you canā€™t do, is to proxy the stream via HA to your TV ā€“ I think this is what youā€™re expecting.

In other words, the built-in media player card and this MMP are ways to control a media player entity. It looks like you want MMP to control your camera entity.

After some trial and error and reading many messages backward found a solution for playing Denon HEOS favorites through button clicks.

entities:
  - artwork: full-cover
    entity: media_player.denon
    group: true
    shortcuts:
      buttons:
        - icon: 'mdi:arrow-top-right-thick'
          type: service
          name: Arrow
          id: media_player.play_media
          data:
            entity_id: media_player.denon
            media_content_type: favorite
            media_content_id: Arrow Classic Rock
        - icon: 'mdi:newspaper-variant-outline'
          name: BNR
          data:
            media_content_id: BNR Nieuwsradio
        - icon: 'mdi:weather-night'
          name: Sky
          data:
            media_content_id: Sky Radio 101 FM 101.5 (Adult Contemporary Music)
    source: icon
    type: 'custom:mini-media-player'

Might be useful to someone.

1 Like

Lately Iā€™m experiencing an issue with the checkboxes for grouping my speakers. They are gone. I can push the names of the speakers but that is not really user friendly.

I am seeing this in Safari and Chrome, but also on my iPhone running iOS 14. All testen from my MacBook Pro running Big Sur.

Is this a bug? Or am I overseeing something?

I believe it is a bug, it is the same for me.

Hi guys, Iā€™m stuck hereā€¦I would like the background artwork of my sonos mediaplayer to disappear after some time when no music is played. However sonos media player in general never seem to go to idle state but remain paused all the timeā€¦so the artwork cover keeps staying there until another song is playedā€¦

Is there a way to change this behavior? Thanks a lot!

1 Like

Open an issue to get it fixed.

Itā€™s on my list :slight_smile:

I am further investigating this. It seems somewhat intermittent. I was thinking the disappearing checkboxes were theme related.

A couple of minutes ago my checkboxes were there, using default theme. I changed theme, reloaded my media panel (ctrl-f5) and they disappeared.

However I changed back to default theme, reloaded again, and they are still gone. So there blows that theory.

I can reproduce this.

• Click three dots on top right corner
  • Click edit dashboard
  • Click add card
  • Click cancel

In this order the checkboxes come back
After a ctrl+f5 they are gone againā€¦

Do you still have the custom custom header by Maycar active? Because I do. Did not test it without it thoā€¦

1 Like

I can reproduce using these steps and have never had custom header by Maycar installed.

1 Like

Flipped the group management part with custom button cards so the buttons are bigger thus easier to reach. For now the issue is ā€˜solvedā€™:smiley:

Edit: if someone is interested in the config, let me know.

2 Likes