Lovelace - picture-glance entity icon colour

Is there a good reason* why the icons in a picture-glance don’t change colour as they would in a simple entities card? They change from grey to white and the actual icon changes where appropriate (e.g. motion) but I’d like them to change to yellow when 'on'.

*That good reason could of course be because I am doing something wrong, in which case please tell me.

I’ve also been wondering about this. The lightbulbs are not really easy to ‘glance’ at since they alternate gray/white for on/off. Yellow for on would be the obvious choice, maybe even colored for colored lights. So this is my bump for this topic :slight_smile:

@klogg, @erazor666

There’s no reason other than “that’s what they decided”. You guys are welcome to use the card modder to change icon colors.

Funnily enough I just stopped using the card-modder because after weeks of flawless use it started messing with a few of my other cards. I noticed that there have been a couple of quick updates recently so maybe they were fixes. The only thing stopping g me go back to it is that every card needs configuring again!

As for your reason

yeah that’s kind of obvious :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: I really just wondered why as it doesn’t make sense to me.

1 Like

I wrote a script to add it to my yaml because it’s required on every card. Maybe someday he will make it recursive. It would have to be an option though because sometimes you only want to mod the top level card.

I’m not at home right now and can’t think this through but… how are you doing this??

And I just saw this which might satisfy me!

It’s a python script, I just execute it and it rewites my whole configuration whenever I want to change the style. I brute forced it, so it’s not optimized to work with any old configuration though. It just works with mine at the moment.