So, based on the long conversations already going about the PostNL component, I decided to see if I could change the current component to;
- Have more information available: Packages you are retrieving. Packages you are submitting. Post you are receiving.
- Have a custom Lovelace card available to show all the information
- Resolve some bugs
To have full freedom to be able to adept everything to my wishes, I created a new package and thus a new component. So it’s a kinda cumbersome process, but perhaps everything can be become part of Home Assistant eventually.
Add the following 3 files to /custom_components/postnl/:
You can keep the same configuration for PostNL as you had before, or just follow the instructions as written on the documentation page:
Restart Home Assistant afterwards. It should now use this component and you should have 3 sensors:
Next, you can follow the instructions as described here to add the Lovelace card:
- You don’t have to fill in the delivery, distribution or letter sensor
- You can click on the title to get to the PostNL web interface or to see the image of the letter
- When you didn’t configure the letters in PostNL