Lovelace: PostNL

Congratulations!!

Gratz (or gefeliciteerd) :rofl::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::girl:t2:

@ptnijssen, Congratulations. Nice to hear you’ve found an entrance at PostNL. Hopefully we can find a way to make a good integration in HA.

Congratulations / gefeliciteerd

Congratulations! / Gefeliciteerd!

Hi all. Thanks for the congratulations.

I had a call earlier today with PostNL. We (as in HA) are not the reason that PostNL build in the bot protection. They mostly did it for security reasons to stop attackers from attacking their API.

As of now, there is for us no way currently to work around this case. They are reviewing the situation with us (and with other vendors / providers) but as you can imagine in big organisations, it always takes time before there is a decision, before it’s build and of course the question remains if we are high enough on the priority list.

All in all I don’t expect a solution within the upcoming 6 months. Therefor I will be removing the PostNL component from HA very soon, including removing the card from HACS, as it has no use anymore. As soon as there is an update from PostNL, I will be informed and we can take a look again at an integration.

Lastly I want to point out that up till now, we have been using an unofficial integration with PostNL. So this integration never had official support from PostNL and they never had to keep us in to account. So I am not blaming them for making their decisions, as they had the rights to do so.

It was a fun ride for as long as it lasted, but it ends here.

Thank you all for the support and the feedback I received on my work. It was a pleasure improving your houses with this card.

Peter

8 Likes

Really too bad, I actually started to rely on this as this worked superb. Oh well, I had expected it in one way or another as it kept breaking. I too have removed all stuff related to postnl from HA but I sincerely hope that we get the opportunity to integrate this once again in the future.

Anyways I wish you the best of luck (and ofc as well for the little one) and thanks for all the great work you have done for us!

1 Like

What a shame thanks for all the hard work you did put into it

1 Like

What a shame for the hard work and hope to see it again in the future. I liked it very much as the need for several apps was not needed.

Best of luck with the little one. :grin:

1 Like

Nooooo :cry:

aah bummer… :frowning:

Thanks for the hard work and the initiative. I liked it as it avoided having too much apps on my phone. Hopefully postnl can find a solution for you and us.

Thanks Peter for the work and congratulations with your daughter.

1 Like

Guys,

Have a look at https://github.com/ToonSoftwareCollective/postnl

It seems like the Rooted Toon community have found a way to get the needed information from the PostNL website.

I’m not an experienced programmer and I might be completely wrong, but it is worthed to have a look at it.

Best regards,
Rien

4 Likes

Indeed it shows the deliveries over the last 3 months. historical and current.

There’s actually a new API!
See here: https://developer.postnl.nl/#/All

This is not new(at least not to me) but this is not linked to a PostNL account. So not usable for everyone. Besides that: It does not show mail

As far as I can tell there is still no way for consumer(with an account) to use an API. So we have to wait and see how/if PostNL will develop something

I’ve been exploring the unofficial implementation the Toon community made at https://github.com/ToonSoftwareCollective/postnl

It looks like the script postnl.sh provides a (reliable) way to receive all packages in json. I’ve been using it to populate a custom db. Might be a point for someone to work on a integration, then again, this is still unofficial and we don’t need breaking implementations around.

6 Likes

I saw this topic and (tl:dr, sorry) I seems the plugin isn’t working (and findable in HACS). Is there an updating coming?

1 Like

I Know toon is working, is it possible to use some of their components?

1 Like