šŸ“° Lovelace: RSS Feed Parser Plugin/List Card

Hi There,

Having issues setting up my first card. I am using the list-card plugin and it seems to be working fine for txt and links but having issues with images. I donā€™t have a lot of CSS style experience and canā€™t work out how to resize my image. I am trying to set up a Netflix card like the example given below.

Image size way to large and canā€™t reduce it

Feed seems to be working fine

Are you able to post your lovelace code for the below example for me to take a look at please

Thanks Nick

I donā€™t use these anymore, actually :slight_smile: I created a component for trakt and feed that into the upcoming-media-card

Thanks. I donā€™t have this up and running on my machine any longer, hopefully someone else in the community has some insight.

This works under Templates:

{{ state_attr(ā€˜sensor.feedparser_android_autoā€™, ā€œAndroid Auto - Google Maps, Media & Messaging 4.4.5923 by Google LLCā€)|regex_replace(find=ā€™- Google Maps, Media & Messaging ā€˜, replace=ā€™ā€™, ignorecase=False)|regex_replace(find=ā€™ by Google LLCā€™, replace=ā€™ā€™, ignorecase=False) }}

Hope somebody can help me out, thnx!

Version 0.0.8 Released:

Warning: This is a breaking change for the https://github.com/custom-cards/list-card
I donā€™t have an expected date on when Iā€™ll get around to fixing it. If youā€™re using the list-card, do not upgrade to 0.0.8 for now.

• Preserve timezone information
  • Display entries in a list instead of an object for easier use in templates

Quick update - I have taken a look at trakt offering and the free version is very limited for what Iā€™m after, but I came across a great post on Reddit which helped me sort out the image size issue I was having.

type: vertical-stack
cards:
  - columns:
      - field: title
        title: ''
      - field: published
      - field: summary
    entity: sensor.netflix_feed
    title: Netflix
    type: 'custom:list-card'
    style: |
      ha-card {
        max-width: 750px;
        margin-left: auto;
        margin-right: auto;
      }
      img {
        float: left;
        height: 200px;
        margin-left: 10px;
        margin-right: 15px;
        margin-top: 10px;
        margin-bottom: 15px;
        box-shadow: 5px 5px 5px 0px rgba(0,0,0,0.5);
      }
      .title {
        font-weight: 700;
        font-size: 22px;
        line-height: 1.2;
      } 
      td:first-child {
        padding-left: 10px;
        padding-top: 10px;
        display: block;
      }
      td:nth-of-type(2) {
        padding-left: 10px;
        opacity: 0.7;
      }
      td:last-child {
        min-height: 230px;
      }
      tr {
      }
      th {
        display: none;
      }
      p {
        margin: 10px;
      }

Nice work!

Hi. after updating to latest feedparser all my feedparser sensors return like this:

entries: [object Object],[object Object],[object Object],[object Object],[object Object],[object Object],[object Object],[object Object],[object Object],[object Object]
friendly_name: lsm radio
icon: mdi:rss

Am I missing something? Thanks.

Yes, you missed the breaking changes

If your using list-card just add feed_attribute: entries that should bring it back to life.

2 Likes

Derp, I should have know that :man_facepalming:
Thanks, @dcshoecomp! Iā€™ll add that to the list-card readme.

I do think it breaks styling still though as that was based on keys, previously

Lol glad I can help. It just so happens today is the first day I ever used either of these components. Glad I didnā€™t give up so easy and ignored the breaking changeā€¦

:joy: Thatā€™s excellent

Apologies in advance for silly questions but new to this type of coding and Iā€™m a slow learner.

Not following, on the feed_attribute fix. Iā€™m using the list-card plugin and can see it needs a string type but what do I put in there, could someone please add an example?

This is what Iā€™m seeing come from the feed

entries Is what you need

1 Like

Thank iantrich, silly me, I did see that in the post but didnā€™t know that i had to add the whole line ā€œfeed_attribute: entriesā€ added the entries bit and got it working again

Thanks Nick

This isnā€™t working for me. What am I doing wrong?

- type: custom:list-card
            entity: sensor.met_office_weather_warnings
            title: -- Met Office Weather Warnings --
            feed_attribute: entries
            columns:
              - title: Title
                field: title
              - title: Kind
                field: metadata_warningkind
              - title: Level
                field: metadata_warninglevel
              - title: Type
                field: metadata_warningtype

Thanks all. I was not using List card, now I added list card, and I got the entries.

Next question, how can i read these specific fields which consists of these conents:

<item>
					<title>A</title>
					<link>B</link>
					<description>C</description>
					<pubDate>D</pubDate>
					<guid>E</guid>
					<comments>F</comments><itunes:summary>1
</itunes:summary><itunes:image href="https://x" /><itunes:subtitle></itunes:subtitle><itunes:author>2</itunes:author><itunes:duration>3</itunes:duration><enclosure url="mp3" length="31278836" type="audio/mpeg" />
				</item>

I am unable to read the part with the mp3 part of the podcast, it gives me blank

<enclosure url="mp3" length="31278836" type="audio/mpeg" />

can it be done somehow, or it is over the limitations of the plugin?

Basically I want to make a list of the mp3 files from the podcast RSS, and somehow stream them to media_player.

Maybe someone has any ideas. Thanks. :slight_smile:

Downgrade to previous version

I actually made a component/card specifically for that: https://github.com/custom-components/gpodder

1 Like